Join for free
Page 9 of 25 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 02:21 PM

Re: Doctors - do you trust them?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
..... and as has been explained earlier no one takes on patients that costs them money.....
You are going to have to provide proof of that I'm afraid Julie.

Are you seriously saying that doctors will only accept new patients if they are healthy and without any pre-existing conditions?
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Boy weren't you & your son lucky! I had thyroid cancer, there was a lump in my throat (literally) & it wasn't painful at all. I don't think cancerous lumps are painful, although I think I would've gone for a 2nd or 3rd opinion before gambling with my kids life. Cancer leaves original areas all the time.
Yes..you are right AC..

Call it ''Mothers intuition''

I gambled and won..

I have had cancer too..and went for chemo..it turned me into the living dead..

I refused to have anymore chemo..

Whatever is going to happen..will happen!

I'm still here..cancer free..

Makes you think..doesn't it?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
You are going to have to provide proof of that I'm afraid Julie.

Are you seriously saying that doctors will only accept new patients if they are healthy and without any pre-existing conditions?
Proof ? we were talking about it earlier in the thread pats I am not only one who knows about it. They can also (and do) refuse to take on over weight patients and smokers. And TBH as you are in the NHS surely you are better placed to find this out and prove it than I am ?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 02:38 PM

The Doctor the wife works for asks to see all the change of address requests, if someone moves to an address more than about three miles from the practice, he writes to tell them to find another Doctor, even if they are very infrequent users, so, if he is typical, and there is only one practice locally, finding another to take you on could be difficult.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 02:43 PM

Proof ? we were talking about it earlier in the thread pats I am not only one who knows about it. They can also (and do) refuse to take on over weight patients and smokers. And TBH as you are in the NHS surely you are better placed to find this out and prove it than I am ?
And as I have also explained many times Julie, I have never come across any of this and if they are they are in breach of the rules.

'A practice cannot refuse you unless it has reasonable grounds for doing so. These must not relate to race, gender, social class, age, religion, sexual orientation, appearance, disability, or a medical condition. It must also give you reasons for its decision in writing. However, you may be refused if you are living outside the practice’s catchment area or the practice is generally not accepting new patients at the time because its list is closed'
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 02:48 PM

Are you saying over eating and smoking are medical conditions ? and they can refuse if they have no room in their budget, we tried to get into another local surgery but they clearly told us we were too expensive they couldn't take us on.
Pats
Lincolnshire

28-06-2014, 03:02 PM

Are you saying over eating and smoking are medical conditions ? and they can refuse if they have no room in their budget, we tried to get into another local surgery but they clearly told us we were too expensive they couldn't take us on.
They more often than not result in medical conditions.

Did they give you those reasons in writing Julie?
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 03:10 PM

I weigh 8st soaking wet..but whenever I go to the doctors...I have my present condition because I smoke..

i.e.even if I was knocked over by a bus..

Stupid thing was when I went to get into my car ..I saw the female doctor who had just given me a sermon..light up a fag outside..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

28-06-2014, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
They more often than not result in medical conditions.

Did they give you those reasons in writing Julie?
I have a letter somewhere I believe, they did write to us but it was a while ago now.
sandra
Bristol
sandra is female  sandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 04:22 PM

Docters/ Health professinals...They all work differently ...This is my story...Found a lump in my neck ..attended hospital ...seen consultant A..After a few needle biopsys..consultant A said its a benign cyst ..we could leave it and monitor it...I said I want it gone Please!...he drew the thyroid gland ...looked like a butterfly...and showed me where the cyst was...it was on the bottom of one side of the gland...I said willl you remove that side of the gland ...he said oh no!...I will just remove the lump...I was happy with that... most of my thyroid gland would stay intact...had another appointment to see him and to my dismay ...he had moved on!..anyway saw consultant B..He told me he would remove the whole side of my thyroid...he noticed my concern as I said ..consultant A said he would just remove the lump..He said Im not Consultant A ..and this is how I work...Me?..wasnt happy but went along with it ...4 days after the op he came and told me the cyst was benign...and all was well... 6 weeks later had a letter to go see him again He said I'm so sorry we've found cancerous growths in another part of the thyroid..(draws a butterfly and dots his pen over the top part of the butterfly)and the way its situated we think it might be in the other side of your thyroid gland...which will mean another operation...had the operation ..and he was right ...it was ..so ended up with ...no thyroid gland and MY LIFE...If consultant A hadnt have left...they wouldnt have found it...My doctor said it was like winning the lottery!! ...have a good day folks..

Page 9 of 25 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top