Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 12:04 PM

Re: Cooking with quorn.

Originally Posted by carol ->
I was chatting to my daughter today and she mentioned a chicken curry she'd made the other day using quorn chicken pieces. Her son (my grandson Jason) commented on how nice the chicken was. This surprised me because Jason loves his meat so it must be good!!
I thought I might try cooking with quorn myself.

I wondered if anybody on here uses it and if so - what do you think of it?
I have used it in the past and found it quite good , in fact really tell the difference between it and mince TBH.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 12:56 PM

I use Quorn occasionally, it's ok in a curry or shepherds pie...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 11:23 PM

I made a rich beef like stew today using the Quorn mince and it was good.
Ivy
CHI,LN
Ivy is female  Ivy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 11:01 AM

wow! what kind of dumplings will you make?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I made a rich beef like stew today using the Quorn mince and it was good.
Never used it but I like the sound of that stew, do you pre cook the mince ?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2014, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Never used it but I like the sound of that stew, do you pre cook the mince ?
I let it simmer for 10 minutes in water using oxo cubes. Then added the veg and cooked for about 15 mins more. Then it's time to drop in the dumplings ... You might think ths strange but then I transfer it to the pre heated oven for half an hour because I find top of the stove stew sticks to the pan when the dumplings are added because they of course make it thick.

The dumplings I make are just simple ones using SR flour, Atora vegetable suet, salt & water - so easy to make and so nice...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2014, 07:24 PM

Thanks Carol - I would definitely transfer to the oven - will try this when the weather gets colder - really looking forward to it - yum !
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2014, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have tried quorn in various recipes, don't like it at all - find it much too sweet.
I think it's too sweet as well. Only used it a couple of times, but didn't feel inclined to use it again.
LovelyMeerkat
Lancashire
LovelyMeerkat is female  LovelyMeerkat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 12:22 PM

I used quorn in a casserole I made the other day and my father really enjoyed it. He is a meat eater.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-12-2014, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by LovelyMeerkat ->
I used quorn in a casserole I made the other day and my father really enjoyed it. He is a meat eater.
Now theres a thought

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top