Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 11:24 PM

Re: Attitudes towards bowel cancer screening

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Seriously, please have a look at the WOMMEN site, especially if you are in any way concerned.

Ok, will go and have a look. Ta.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 11:34 PM

I did the test a couple of weeks ago and received a reply within a few days saying it was clear, happy days!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 11:40 PM

I have taken the survey and taken the poo test and been diagnosed with bowel cancer, but not from the test, in fact I got a BOGOF offer, bowel and lymphoma in one go.
Bowel has been fine since they pruned my innards, the lymphoma is ongoing, so far so good.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2016, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ok, will go and have a look. Ta.
Perhaps I should have posted this information in a separate thread, bearing in mind that this one is about bowel cancer!

If the mods don't mind, I'd be happy for it to be moved to a new thread as I feel that many women may be interested in finding out more about mammography and this is an excellent resource.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2016, 12:38 AM

Mammography has been discussed before
laurastudy
New Member!
Surrey, UK
laurastudy is female 

25-05-2016, 11:41 AM

I would just like to say a massive thank you to everyone that has participated so far. I am really grateful that you've taken the time to help my research
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by laurastudy ->
I would just like to say a massive thank you to everyone that has participated so far. I am really grateful that you've taken the time to help my research
You're very welcome!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by laurastudy ->
Am Sorry to say this but I did take your test and found it a load of rubbish.

Cannot understand how you can glean anything about Bowel cancer with thoses sort of questions.

You might glean that some of use are very old and dont care whats going to kill us..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

25-05-2016, 07:32 PM

Well I found them pertinent and, presumably, you have had your research work approved by some professor or reader at your institution so I'm sure it will be of some academic and practical advantage.

Good luck to you.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well I found them pertinent and, presumably, you have had your research work approved by some professor or reader at your institution so I'm sure it will be of some academic and practical advantage.

Good luck to you.
Yes a questionnaire implemented by her professor and her conclusions on the questions asked might get her a degree...but they will not advance anything in the fight against cancer or save one person from getting this cancer.

Think the only real insight to this was "I don't trust the NHS" posted by Nom

Would be a much better survey if asked why some people don't trust the NHS

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top