Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 09:41 AM

Re: EU Referendum: The Great Debate Live BBC1 8.00PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Watched the first hour... can't stand much more of it!
Didn't think Boris and co. were a patch on the Remain team, frankly.

Caroline Lucas impressed me...

If I hear "Take Back Control" one more time I think I shall scream!!!

So agree with you !
Wasn't impressed with any of them, and the 'Remain' are such an angry bunch, they get on me nerves
I took an hour of it.
I'll try Paxman tonight
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 11:07 AM

I love Boris Johnson's metaphor
If we don't leave we will be locked in the back of the car driven in an uncertain manner to a place we don't want to go to by a driver who doesn't speak very good English .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There is a school of thought that says "When in doubt, do Nowt".
Yep but there can hardly be any doubt about the utter mess the country has been driven into by greedy corrupt politicians pandering to the EU elite ! We have massive debt, pensions are in crisis and many people will suffer the outfall of that, millions unemployed, millions haven't had a decent pay rise in years whilst the wealthy 1% continue to feather their plush nests and line their silk pockets at your expense. Where did all the money go? It goes into the EU into the pockets of the moguls.

We can no longer sit back and "do nowt". Doing so has seen our country sold down the river, our jobs, our customs and traditions, our NHS, our emergency services, our military capability and much much more.

Enough is enough.

We must get out once and for all.

#Leave
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yep but there can hardly be any doubt about the utter mess the country has been driven into by greedy corrupt politicians pandering to the EU elite ! We have massive debt, pensions are in crisis and many people will suffer the outfall of that, millions unemployed, millions haven't had a decent pay rise in years whilst the wealthy 1% continue to feather their plush nests and line their silk pockets at your expense. Where did all the money go? It goes into the EU into the pockets of the moguls.

We can no longer sit back and "do nowt". Doing so has seen our country sold down the river, our jobs, our customs and traditions, our NHS, our emergency services, our military capability and much much more.

Enough is enough.

We must get out once and for all.

#Leave
I agree with every word you say there Realist.
As Ruthio says there, I will be watching Channel 4 for the final live debate.
I love these programs, even if they wind me up!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
So agree with you !
Wasn't impressed with any of them, and the 'Remain' are such an angry bunch, they get on me nerves
I took an hour of it.
I'll try Paxman tonight
Apparently that was even worse!
I'm glad I missed it.
I was on a train coming home and reading every word of the i's centre section and very informative it was too.

Did you know that...nah, what's the point at this stage of the game.

I've come to the conclusion that there are two kinds of voters: the ones who vote with their heart/gut and the ones that vote with their head.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 12:51 PM

I'm glad I missed it.
I was on a train coming home and reading every word of the i's centre section and very informative it was too.

I've come to the conclusion that there are two kinds of voters: the ones who vote with their heart/gut and the ones that vote with their head.

Ah - but which is best, heart/gut or head ? ................
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 12:52 PM

I'm glad I missed it.

Ruth darlin' - there is a THIRD reason, those who vote on a point of principle.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top