Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 11:42 AM

Re: 11 Countries Already Queuing For UK Trade Deal

I think all the panic was caused by people not getting their own way. Common sense said that we may be in for a couple of years where things are difficult, but it also said that we have been through worse and come out better. Emotions, pride and the press that print them, are what have caused all the problems so lets hope that we now get a good team to negotiate new terms with the EU and we can start building a new independent Britain. If we do well, we will not be the only country who consider leaving, but those who complain because they lost the vote are just convincing the EU to be more harsh in the negotiations, probably with the intention of making sure nobody else leaves. No matter what people voted, the decision was made and we should now all be doing what is best for Britain's future.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 12:39 PM

Absolutely right - we need to stop this negativity and show our strength for a chnge
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
And you're perfectly entitled to your opinions, Rhian, like the rest of us.
Course she is. And because I don't want to keep replying to her misconceptions ( and incur the wrath of her friends) ... I'm down to lurking now and spending most of my time elsewhere.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think all the panic was caused by people not getting their own way. Common sense said that we may be in for a couple of years where things are difficult, but it also said that we have been through worse and come out better. Emotions, pride and the press that print them, are what have caused all the problems so lets hope that we now get a good team to negotiate new terms with the EU and we can start building a new independent Britain. If we do well, we will not be the only country who consider leaving, but those who complain because they lost the vote are just convincing the EU to be more harsh in the negotiations, probably with the intention of making sure nobody else leaves. No matter what people voted, the decision was made and we should now all be doing what is best for Britain's future.
Got it in one. Time to move on and show a united front and see this an opportunity to go it alone as a nation and fulfil our own potential.

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Absolutely right - we need to stop this negativity and show our strength for a chnge
Wise words furry face.
Morty logging out
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
And you're perfectly entitled to your opinions, Rhian, like the rest of us.
Of course she as is patsy too, but as people often have said to me if you do put your head above the parapet you have accept that people will disagree.
Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Completely agree.

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Yes totally.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Thank you Patsy for telling it how it is.

You certainly did profess to know it all on another thread where you boldly stated ....

Admittedly, afterwards, you did backpedal like mad and ditched the accusation of xenophobia to focus on your consuming grievance that his salary is 80,000 a year.

God knows how you must despise Cameron for walking off the job, just at that critical moment when he was needed most to offer a figurehead and all the UK and Euro, amazed at the result, were a bit jittery and were wondering what happened next.
I didn't back pedal I just didn't repost it because I was being shot down on that thread
I stand by it
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 03:50 PM

And I'm not accusing ANYONE here of it AT ALL
But if you honestly, hand on heart, truly believe that some of Farage''s words have not incited xenophobia (amongst some of the people of the UK) then I find it hard to comprehend.
There are so many reports of incidents of racism occuring here since Thursday that people are fearing for their lives.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

30-06-2016, 03:53 PM

Oh and by the way...What friends?
People are saying I'm entitled to my opinion
No-one person has agreed with a post of mine as far as I remember?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 03:56 PM

Rhian - sadly racism is as acute as its 'always' been
We were watching a docu last night on the 50s and 60s, it was rife then !
Saying we want to 'know' who is coming into this country is wise - if dumb heads
want to take that a racist way and it spurs them into action, we need to clamp down on it
Just as we need to with the football hooligans, who use football as a means to fight
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

30-06-2016, 03:57 PM

And I'm not expecting people to agree either.
I'm giving my opinion about things
And questioning others about theirs
I won't leave a discussion just because there is no agreement
I remain amicable and hope that others can do the same
If I learn in that process then that's an added bonus

I keep an open mind about things..
Until I'm in possession of enough facts to be able to make an informed decision
I don't take things that affect the whole of the coutry lightly
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-06-2016, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Oh and by the way...What friends?
People are saying I'm entitled to my opinion
No-one person has agreed with a post of mine as far as I remember?
To be a friend is to agree with your views ?
How can anyone agree just for the sake of it
This is a passionate subject, people will feel strongly and I have seen a couple sitting on your side of the fence, there are so many threads on the subject but I'm sure you recall,
they may not be 'friends' - does that matter ?

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top