Join for free
Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 05:01 PM

Re: 11 Countries Already Queuing For UK Trade Deal

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Some of his rhetoric over the past 17+ years has made SOME people I'm the UK think they have political backing for their racist ways
Quotes please ...from an undisputable source.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 05:21 PM

Rhian - this is my last word to you on the subject as I tire easily
You think it is racist to want to 'know' who enters this country
You think it racist to concern ourselves of our future, that even though we are a small country, we should build onto our schools (which we have done) build more hospitals, more prisons
in fact more of everything, to accommodate the vast numbers
Even though we have put billions into securing the countries that took on the Euro (fools) that's fine by you, even though we pay vast amounts to the EU itself and have very little say in what becomes of that money - that's fine by you .............
We represent an Oliver Twist character asking for crumbs in return - but you think that's fine
Fair enough - I can't help you, that's for sure
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
It makes for fascinating reading. This shifting stance on quick sand.
Nigel Farage has been consistent in his views about the drawbacks of UK membership in the EU, which might have included uncontrolled immigration. That is true.
The question of , or concerns of a lot of people over Immigration and xenophobia are worlds apart.
Sadly, some people can not distinguish the difference.
How was I shifting my stance?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Rhian - this is my last word to you on the subject as I tire easily
You think it is racist to want to 'know' who enters this country
You think it racist to concern ourselves of our future, that even though we are a small country, we should build onto our schools (which we have done) build more hospitals, more prisons
in fact more of everything, to accommodate the vast numbers
Even though we have put billions into securing the countries that took on the Euro (fools) that's fine by you, even though we pay vast amounts to the EU itself and have very little say in what becomes of that money - that's fine by you .............
We represent an Oliver Twist character asking for crumbs in return - but you think that's fine
Fair enough - I can't help you, that's for sure
Did I say those things were fine?
No

And I've NEVER accused anyone on here ..
Or anyone who voted Leave...
Of being racist either

I think some of you think that I may be implying that
But it really isn't the case
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 05:38 PM

How was I shifting my stance?
You began by accusing Farage of using EU money to incite xenophobia over the last 17 years.
When actually you were talking about his salary .. not his own private slush fund presumably robbed from the EU safe and laundered through xenophobic outlets to incite abuse and racial discord in the UK.

Next you implied he was somehow responsible for the increase in xenophobic attacks in the UK since the referendum last Thursday.
Which changed, when you felt yourself heading downhill headfirst in the quick sand ... to you had not accused him personally of the attacks.

By tomorrow you might just admit he was an MEP voicing a great many of the publics sentiment about the benefits, or lack of, of the Uk's membership in the EU, in the European Parliament.
A great many people thank him for that. Admire him for that.
And surprise surprise, don't be amazed ... but they're not xenophobic.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

30-06-2016, 05:58 PM

You began by accusing Farage of using EU money to incite xenophobia over the last 17 years.
When actually you were talking about his salary .. not his own private slush fund presumably robbed from the EU safe and laundered through xenophobic outlets to incite abuse and racial discord in the UK.

Next you implied he was somehow responsible for the increase in xenophobic attacks in the UK since the referendum last Thursday.
Which changed, when you felt yourself heading downhill headfirst in the quick sand ... to you had not accused him personally of the attacks.

By tomorrow you might just admit he was an MEP voicing a great many of the publics sentiment about the benefits, or lack of, of the Uk's membership in the EU, in the European Parliament.
A great many people thank him for that. Admire him for that.
And surprise surprise, don't be amazed ... but they're not xenophobic.
1.What i actually said was he had squandered it (ie. His salary) for 17 years because rather than doing the job he was paid to do he was mostly running UKIP, yes inciting xenophobia in some of the things he said (maybe not intentionally but I think you'd have to be pretty blinkered not to see how racist thugs were jumping on the back of some of some of the things he said.)

2.I never implied he was personally responsible. Quote me if you like. I think I explained afterwards rather than changed but honestly, show me.

3.I doubt it and I have NEVER said that all of his backers and admirers were xenophobic.
senile1
Virginia,USA
senile1 is male  senile1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 06:02 PM

When anybody suggests change, there is always someone predicting doom. As I originally posted in another group, the UK was/is too big of a player in Eastern Europe to be left on the sidelines.The UK is vital to the economical prosperity of Eastern Europe , as well, it's security.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

30-06-2016, 06:07 PM

1.What i actually said wad he had squandered it (ie. His salary) for 17 years because rather than doing the job he was paid to do he was mostly running UKIP, yes inciting xenophobia in some of the things he said (maybe not intentionally but I think you'd have to be pretty blinkered not to see how racist thugs were jumping on the back of some of some of the things he said)
Shifting ..shifting .. cautiously stretching out a leg for some solid ground.

2.I never implied he was personally responsible. Quote me if yoi like. I think I explained afterwards rather than changed but honestly, show me.
Safer .. the new perspective, that is. Now you can straighten your shoulders, stand straight .....

3.I doubt it and I have NEVER said that all of his backers and admirers were xenophobic.
... and hold your head up high.
Nigel Farage has not had a personal hand in inciting xenophobia. Though a herd of folk agreed with his EU membership views.
We got there in the end.
If you're ever approached to write his biography I'd decline if I were you. I only advise that because I like you.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

30-06-2016, 06:18 PM

Shifting ..shifting .. cautiously stretching out a leg for some solid ground.

Safer .. the new perspective, that is. Now you can straighten your shoulders, stand straight .....

... and hold your head up high.
Nigel Farage has not had a personal hand in inciting xenophobia. Though a herd of folk agreed with his EU membership views.
We got there in the end.
If you're ever approached to write his biography I'd decline if I were you. I only advise that because I like you.
I can give you quotes but I don't particlularly want to trawl through scripts of interviews and speeches. The Internet is awash with them and from reputable sources too.
Yes he has incited xenophobia... he never once condemned or calmed the racist actions of people who were jumping on the back of what he said
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

30-06-2016, 06:23 PM

You just fell at the last hurdle.
If you're going to dig your heels in during a debate you have to be able to back up your claims ... that stops people like me refuting or questioning you. It shuts me up.

Otherwise, you're just left with your own opinion and there's nothing wrong with an opinion, but that is all it is. Your opinion.
And a pretty slanderous opinion at that.
in your own way you're very narrow-minded .. focusing on one aspect of a man which you believe to be the definitive one and an incorrect one at that.

Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top