Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 05:51 PM

What's going on

When I joined this forum some months ago it was meet nice folk probably at our age read some good life experiences, have a little giggle along the way.

What's happened since this blooming E U referendum everybody bad tempered, jumping down people's throats even in the Brexit humour thread.

I certainly am now becoming increasingly wary about posting or saying anything in fact. It is quite isolating being about the only member who voted stay. So what is it a crime. Do I have to be increasingly lectured about my opinions. You don't know me or even bothered finding out some of you.

I tried to post recipes, music and form an ex pat group. To no avail one recipe even erupted into a lecture.

I am not bothered how you voted but what bothers me most is the gang up culture. It's almost as though the iluminati have taken over the asylum.

Are members actually judging people on how they voted.
I don't need to come on this forum but choose to do so as I have met some lovely people.

And for those having a dig about me living in Spain. Psst I let you into a secret. I don't plan to waste the remaining years I have left in once place. As one of our friends said we will probably live in various countries. I definately do not plan to stagnate in one place.

Can we all just lighten up a bit and inject more humour before I do flounce.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 06:01 PM

Re: What's going on

Your not alone I voted stay too, don't worry about other folks views about the referendum we all had our reasons whichever way we voted
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 06:03 PM

Hi

I totally agree.

I do like the Politics thing and current affairs, but do try to keep it fairly light and inject a bit of humour from time to time.

We are a very divided and polarised Country at the moment, a situation not helped by the vitriolic campaign run by both sides.

The Forum is a microcosm of that at the moment.

It would be a much better place if members could adopt the same tone of discussion as you and Morti do.

Completely opposite views, but very funny and witty replies and respect for each others views.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 06:03 PM

I voted stay too! Just wait until it all dies down. People are stressed about an uncertain future whichever way they voted.
I don't understand the hostility either especially from the "winning" side. It would be nice if instead of being aggressive, there was some reassuring words that everything will turn out ok.
It's almost like the aftermath of a football match!
We'll just have to wait until folk stop blaming others, what for, I'm not sure.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 06:14 PM

I actually think Morti and I do get it. I told her privately she is just a misguided pig. I was going to post a very comic thread about my new cabinet Goldielocks and thought probably not the time.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
I actually think Morti and I do get it. I told her privately she is just a misguided pig.
And I said nothing back in protest ..not a squeak ..cos first I mixed you up with that Big Bad Wolf and then I saw your army of Three Little Bears.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
I actually think Morti and I do get it. I told her privately she is just a misguided pig. I was going to post a very comic thread about my new cabinet Goldielocks and thought probably not the time.
I agree with all you said in your original post Goldie.
As you know I was and still am a firm believer in Brexit.
Fair play to you, this has not made one jot of difference as to our friendship we have here.
Unfortunately though, some people can be right bigots...

Cambridge dictionary.
Bigot:-

A person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who does not like other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life.

I am with you in respect of trying to keep a good humour in all of this.
But unfortunately, some people don't seem to have any.
A good dose of chill out pills is what they need!

PS.
My beliefs are not unreasonable though!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 06:39 PM

Hi Goldie - can well understand your feelings
Maybe its negativity that spurs the feelings, it is for me
I expected a 'remain' vote and can honestly say I'd accepted it and would not feel the need to go on about it
So we are out, lets be positive and optimistic about that and the future
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 06:48 PM

I don't understand all this divide crap and I certainly don't treat anyone differently because of how they voted.

I dislike you all equally.

Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I don't understand all this divide crap and I certainly don't treat anyone differently because of how they voted.

I dislike you all equally.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top