Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2012, 09:18 PM

Re: I'm Home

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Thanks for the good wishes. I am taking it easy, hubby is waiting on me hand and foot I was in hospital for four days.
When you consider that it is major surgery, four days isn't long is it? It was the same for me, in on Wednesday and out on Sunday morning. But the food was atrocious and the drinks luke warm - so probably like you, I was glad to get home
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2012, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Thanks for the good wishes. I am taking it easy, hubby is waiting on me hand and foot I was in hospital for four days.
Make the best of it Alison we don't often have a good excuse to do nothing
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2012, 11:24 AM

Thank you all again. The food was okay actually Janela, I had been eating salads every day for the past two months so it was a nice change to have microwave ready meals. Others might think the food wasn't very good but I really enjoyed them It was so lovely to be waited on hand and foot, I could have stayed in there a little longer just to be pampered But you're right Janela, four days isnt alot after a big operation like that, some even go home on the same day .

Asti is back to normal now, she was the next day after I came home but we need to put her in for her op ASAP.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2012, 11:38 AM

I am so glad it is all over for you Alicat and to know you are feeling well and making an excellent recovery. It's all behind you now and you can look forward to the good times ahead.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2012, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
When you consider that it is major surgery, four days isn't long is it? It was the same for me, in on Wednesday and out on Sunday morning. But the food was atrocious and the drinks luke warm - so probably like you, I was glad to get home
You have made me laugh re the atrocious food. When I was in hospital here in January (after shattering my arm and shoulder) I really was starving. My operation was scheduled for the night I went in so I couldn't have anything to eat or drink. However things didn't go as planned due to real emergencies, RTAs, heart attacks etc. Next day I couldn't have anything either as I was going off to surgery. I was taken to theatre at 4 p.m. and was not back in my room until midnight and still they wouldn't let me have anything. I was literally ready to kill for a drink. Sometime during the early hours a nurse brought me so juice but I fell asleep again before drinking it, typical, haha. 9 a.m. I was brought breakfast, a cup of milky coffee, which I honestly couldn't drink because I hate drinks with milk, and a bread roll with olive oil and a little salt, that bread and oil tasted like a meal in a 5 star restaurant. I phoned my OH and asked him to bring me some sandwiches and clean clothes, he turned up with a huge pack of cheese sandwiches, 4 bars of chocolate, 2 packets of biscuits, a 12 pack of bottled water, 2 cartons of juice, 10 books, 8 bras, 8 pairs of knickers, 2 skirts, 3 dresses and two jumpers.....I thought he was expecting me to stay in hospital for ever ! His excuse was he didn't know what I wanted. The hospital staff were in hysterics
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2012, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I am so glad it is all over for you Alicat and to know you are feeling well and making an excellent recovery. It's all behind you now and you can look forward to the good times ahead.
Thanks Clumsy, yes I'm so glad its all over with. I'm getting bored just sitting down all the time though, I miss my normal routine and swimming, still I must be patient
Alicat
West Berkshire

15-10-2012, 01:35 PM

My husband and I have just had a good old laugh over your post, Clumsy I read it out to him. All that stuff your husband bought into you, I would have also been in hysterics
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2012, 03:18 PM

So glad to hear your op is over and went well Alison.

It must have been so worrying for you, but us women are made of tough stuff!!

Be good no housework just twiddle you thumbs..slowlyyyyy lol xx
Alicat
West Berkshire

15-10-2012, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kath 131 ->
So glad to hear your op is over and went well Alison.

It must have been so worrying for you, but us women are made of tough stuff!!

Be good no housework just twiddle you thumbs..slowlyyyyy lol xx
Thanks Kath, Im leaving the housework to my husband, but I am getting fed up just sitting doing nothing.
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2012, 01:06 AM

hallo Cassie,

Thank you much for your kind welcome

sarah

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top