Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 04:32 PM

Re: MRI Scan

How ridiculous is that! And what a waste of your time and theirs.
Poor show on the hospitals front, for not having the right equipment.

Now we are all waiting on tenter hooks for the next appointment,
poppy
lincolnshire
poppy is female  poppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 06:49 PM

hi there my mother who has kidney cancer had one 6months ago , and had another one last monday and she said its ok nothing to be bothered about . she is 87 yrs young . they dont take long to do , and the nurses talk you through it . if fact she thought it was brillient how it works . so please dont be scared . its ok . take care
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oh Alison, that must have been so disappointing for you I hope you don't have to wait too long for another appointment elsewhere.
I was very disappointed Mags, I hope I don't have to wait too long either.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Thats really bad luck Alison. Also what I can't understand is that if your GP knew there was a problem with the scanner at that hospital then why didn't she refer you somewhere else.
Thanks Dog Lover, the GP I spoke to today was my own doctor, the one I saw originally was another doctor. But you think the consultant I saw at the hospital that put me in for it would have realised as they did weigh me and wrote it down so I blame him! The scanner at the hospital are very small ones, in Oxford and Swindon hospitals they are bigger and more open so I'll probably be referred to one of those.
Alicat
West Berkshire

12-12-2012, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
How ridiculous is that! And what a waste of your time and theirs.
Poor show on the hospitals front, for not having the right equipment.

Now we are all waiting on tenter hooks for the next appointment,
I don't mind them not having big enough scanners but they should have known I wouldn't have fit in them Janela as they did weigh me when I went to see the consultant beforehand.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 11:05 PM

Just caught up with your thread Alicat....what a disappointment for you! Fingers crossed you won't have to wait too long for your next appointment. Hope all goes well for you.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Thats really bad luck Alison. Also what I can't understand is that if your GP knew there was a problem with the scanner at that hospital then why didn't she refer you somewhere else.
I was just thinking that. It never occurred to me that the size of a person might be a problem but, as Val says, your doctor/consultant should have known what kind of scanner the local hospital has.

How very disappointing since you psyched yourself up.

Anyway lass, you have a good Christmas and we await your next installment.
Alicat
West Berkshire

13-12-2012, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I was just thinking that. It never occurred to me that the size of a person might be a problem but, as Val says, your doctor/consultant should have known what kind of scanner the local hospital has.

How very disappointing since you psyched yourself up.

Anyway lass, you have a good Christmas and we await your next installment.
Thanks Mollie You have a good Christmas as well

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top