Join for free
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 08:21 PM

Mirena

Has anyone had one fitted? I've got to have one done under general anaesthetic. A Mirena is a small plastic, T-shaped device containing a progestogen hormone (levonorgestrel), it is fitted into the womb where it realeses the hormone slowly over a period of five years.

I've got alot of irregualar and really bad bleeding with my periods (I thought I was going through the change but I'm not .... and I'm 54 . )

I've been looking up about Mirena on the Internet and I've read some bad things about it and how it can effect women, I'm a bit worried to say the least

Any information is welcomed on this product, thanks.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 09:24 PM

Re: Mirena

Sorry, not familiar with this. Hope someone knowledgeable will come on .....
I was lucky, had an early and easy change, long over by 54!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 12:02 PM

I had IUDs fitted and found them very easy to get on with.
I think they were simply 'mechanical' in their effect - I don't think there was any hormone in them. They were contraceptive of course, not therapeutic.
Is your concern the device or the hormone? Bet there's far less hormone than any pill.
I wouldn't be too worried, in that if it doesn't suit it can be removed quite simply - it's easily reversible.
Good luck
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 05:44 PM

Sorry can't really help here but to say I know the kinesiologist I used to see mentioned how the detox (the one I posted in food and drink) is meant to help women going through 'the change' - and with it they don't need those hysterectomies or something like that. Sorry I can't remb the exact details - but I am a firm believer in how diet is key to our health and well being.

Hope you feel better soon!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 08:41 PM

My daughter is 29 and on her second one (hormonal coil) as she can't use any other form of contraceptive and she has horrendous periods and migrains she has had no problems with it at all so I hope Alicat it relieves all those nasties you have been suffering with of late....
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 09:26 PM

Thanks to you all and your replies. I stuck the same question on Dogsey and got lots of replies from people using it but thanks again anyway.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top