Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 06:04 PM

How I'd love to read a good book.

Years ago I was so into reading and thoroughly enjoyed it but haven't come across a decent book that appeals to me for ages. I have The Kindle Fire and have downloaded books but they have never come up to my expectations.
Years ago I was in to love books but now I like autobiography or a good love book with an interesting story.
One of my older Granddaughters is so in to books they are almost part of her life and I so envy her.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 06:09 PM

Re: How I'd love to read a good book.

Maursey - I too prefer real life stories
At the moment I am reading the following, but only just started, the reviews were great and its a subject I find engrossing, although I know it will get me fired up !
Heres the link - in case it appeals to you .......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...etailpage_o03_
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 06:14 PM

ive not read any good love stories since i finished Catherine Cookson series ,
I did read a few by a Scottish author that was brought up in the Gorbals Area of Glasgow ,she suffered from high level of Calcium , and it made her wheel chair bound , She wrote so well you could picture her story in your mind .
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 06:18 PM

I like reading biographies. At the moment I'm reading a biography of Richard Rogers, the composer.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 06:27 PM

this was the writer ,and i read most of the books on the list,which were good , I made a mistake in where she was from ,it was Govan Glasgow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Marion_Fraser
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 07:57 PM

That's such a shame Maursey, I couldn't exist without books and I always manage to find something to read but I do have a wide area of interest so maybe that helps..
Don't give up....
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 08:17 PM

The best autobiography that I have read was 'Bermondsey Boy' the story of Tommy Steele. It was a fascinating story - you just couldn't have made it up. I've read some pretty poor autobiographies - I thought Cliff Richard's was pretty dire, and Van Morrison's biography, while interesting , went into excrutiating detail in places.

I'm currently reading 'Arctic Chill' by the Icelandic writer Arnaldur Indridisson.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 08:25 PM

I am finding your postings more interesting than the stories I read. Thank you all and will have a look at some of the books that have been mentioned.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 08:33 PM

I read a fair number of biographies, Maursey. If you give me an idea of what sort of biography you like (writers, scientists, musicians, adventure, current affairs types, actors etc) I'll see if I can suggest some if you like.
maursey
hertfordshire

16-03-2015, 10:20 PM

Thank you so much Orangutan.I like anyone famous in the acting business or royalty. I also enjoy any true story that is interesting. I don't like sad books. I'm not a sad person.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top