Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2015, 06:52 PM

My friend has published her first book today

A friend from my Top Gear days has been writing fiction for years and was taken on by an agent a few years back.

She created a good book which was published in 4 parts on Amazon as àn ebook, but today she has had it published in paperback, and had a signing session in Norwich Waterstones.

If I may give her a plug, it's called A Christmas Tail, by Cressida McLaughlin. I've read part one and will now buy the book.

Proud to know an author but so envious!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2015, 07:01 PM

Re: My friend has published her first book today

I bet you could get a book published Jazzi.
You've just got to write one first!!

BTW - what are your Top Gear days?
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2015, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
A friend from my Top Gear days has been writing fiction for years and was taken on by an agent a few years back.

She created a good book which was published in 4 parts on Amazon as àn ebook, but today she has had it published in paperback, and had a signing session in Norwich Waterstones.

If I may give her a plug, it's called A Christmas Tail, by Cressida McLaughlin. I've read part one and will now buy the book.

How exciting - I love reading but have never actually met anyone who's written a book!

On Facebook I belong to a group, of which some are authors, being based in the US I'll never meet them but they have some interesting tales to tell.
Well done your friend !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2015, 07:26 PM

Wish her well Jazzi
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2015, 07:34 PM

Well done her, I hope she sells a couple of million copies Jazzi.

I suppose now that you've shock the hand of an Author you won't be wanting to have anything to do with the likes of us.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2015, 08:03 PM

Carol, shorty after Dad died I 'discovered' Top Gear, and a forum. I made friends on that forum, quite a few of whom are now on FB, and met them personally at two Top Gear recordings, and two days literary festival in Cheltenham, when two of the presenters gave talks.

Cressie is one of them.

And TG and the girls (and boys) helped me through those months.

And yes, I really do need to write mine. But I'm so pleased that she has achieved it after years of hard work. She is so chuffed, and excited!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 12:21 AM

Well done to your friend, Jazzi - it must be very rewarding to get a book published.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

Jazzi, what do you mean "Top Gear days"?

Sorry, you've lost me!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

06-11-2015, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by ScottishCatLady ->
Jazzi, what do you mean "Top Gear days"?

Sorry, you've lost me!
Susan, I explained in post no 6. Discovering the show Top Gear after Dad died made me laugh along with it, and I found these friends on a forum.

And going to Top Gear recordings and meeting some of the presenters in those earlier years, and to Cheltenham Literary Festival.

And we all comforted each other when Richard Hammond suffered those head injuries in that crash.

So I call them my Top Gear days.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top