Join for free
Page 1657 of 1676 « First < 657 1157 1557 1607 1647 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1667 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 09:52 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Nowt worse than a Sloppy Publican.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 09:55 PM

The Old Dangle Wrangle.

“A man in China was left dangling from a bridge after its glass panels were damaged in high wind”. BBC news.

I don’t care what anyone says but that man is definitely not “dangling” from that bridge, he’s clinging to the safety rails whilst sitting on a surviving glass panel.

It’s clear to anyone looking at that picture that there is no cliff- hanging dramatic “dangling” going on.

If a picture was not provided and one was reading or hearing that story one would conjure up a mental image of an unlucky Chinaman hanging on for dear life by his fingernails from a 330 ft. bridge

If the picture was taken after he climbed up from his “dangle” then they should say so, but no, they clearly state he “was LEFT dangling”, if indeed he ever was dangling in the first place, perhaps he felt the glass beneath him move and he immediately grabbed the rail never to have dangled at all?

As that great man of words might put it:

“Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to dangle through outrageous fortune, or to take your arms up against a bridge of troubles”

Did he dangle or did he not, that is the question.

Dictionary: DANGLE
“To hang or swing loosely.

God only knows I made enough pendants in me day to know what a good dangle is, them was the real swinging loosely times.

In no way is that fellow hanging or swinging loosely, he’s as stiff as a stone and firmly grasping the rails.

I rest my case your honour, dang me, dang me, they outta get a rope and hang me, hang me from the highest tree, and woman don’t you weep for me, did dit dit do do, as the bould Roger Miller sang.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 09:59 PM

When the aliens finally arrive, we may all klingon for dear life.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

12-05-2021, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->

The Old Dangle Wrangle.

“A man in China was left dangling from a bridge after its glass panels were damaged in high wind”. BBC news.

I don’t care what anyone says but that man is definitely not “dangling” from that bridge, he’s clinging to the safety rails whilst sitting on a surviving glass panel.

It’s clear to anyone looking at that picture that there is no cliff- hanging dramatic “dangling” going on.

If a picture was not provided and one was reading or hearing that story one would conjure up a mental image of an unlucky Chinaman hanging on for dear life by his fingernails from a 330 ft. bridge

If the picture was taken after he climbed up from his “dangle” then they should say so, but no, they clearly state he “was LEFT dangling”, if indeed he ever was dangling in the first place, perhaps he felt the glass beneath him move and he immediately grabbed the rail never to have dangled at all?

As that great man of words might put it:

“Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to dangle through outrageous fortune, or to take your arms up against a bridge of troubles”

Did he dangle or did he not, that is the question.

Dictionary: DANGLE
“To hang or swing loosely.

God only knows I made enough pendants in me day to know what a good dangle is, them was the real swinging loosely times.

In no way is that fellow hanging or swinging loosely, he’s as stiff as a stone and firmly grasping the rails.

I rest my case your honour, dang me, dang me, they outta get a rope and hang me, hang me from the highest tree, and woman don’t you weep for me, did dit dit do do, as the bould Roger Miller sang.
I think ya might be danglin from a thread of a story there Jem? - don't you realize that "to dangle" is interpreted in many different ways around the globe - there is the usa version Bo Dangles that comes to mind of course l and Wild Bill Dangles - caught danglin from a speeding stagecoach - yes? and then the great british snoop Sherlock Wangle Holmes - god there must be a dangle story throughout the globe - and there was i danglin from me globe in fact!

there once was a chinaman wangles
who's favorite fun was to dangles
who would oft spy a bridge and deliberately fib
and exclaim " didn't touch it - the wind made it dangle"?
bret
bret is male 

13-05-2021, 10:39 AM

Jem I was told by a certain gentleman on my travels around Oz that this was a very lively; bubbling inferno of activity and comments with steam coming out of the nostrils sometimes? - and a few damsels to flirt with? - has something happened along the way? it seems awfully quiet at the moment like the swagman sitting at the billabong?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by bret ->
Jem I was told by a certain gentleman on my travels around Oz that this was a very lively; bubbling inferno of activity and comments with steam coming out of the nostrils sometimes? - and a few damsels to flirt with? - has something happened along the way? it seems awfully quiet at the moment like the swagman sitting at the billabong?
I’m afraid you have been misinformed Bret, there’s never much excitement going on here, just a few old lads nattering away about nothing.
Try the political threads, that will give you plenty of action and slagging.

There’s a kind of unwritten code here, the scribblers only scribble when they feel like scribbling, hence the title “Leisurely Scribbles” leisure being the operative word.

We thonk you for your kind understanding Sir.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

14-05-2021, 05:46 AM

That's the Nub of the matter, never trust a certain gentleman's opinion, there is definitely something bubbling round here, but in fairness, it does tend to manifest itself out back.
bret
bret is male 

14-05-2021, 06:27 AM

well I'll been cursed with a sprarrows fart then and now I feel like Clancy from the overflow - overflowing with nuffin! - and there iz gentlemen and gentlemen - beware of gentlemen with forked tongue heh - and them who build motorbikes in front room heh?

and them with badgers in their belfrey? I was saying to be old mate rabbinic O'toole the other day that them here brits don't know if they'ze cummin or goin - thank god we've got the Irish to knock a bit of sense into them. It seems as if all the good old practices and values are falling away with nothing to replace them just idjits - 65 million of yuz and nowhere to go heh - well apart from Benidorm for ya hols instead of skegnesse?

I remember years ago takin the brood on a campin holiday along the south coast down there - the bloody campsites were choker block - had to fight to pitch ya tent - them were the loyal days - stayed and paid for queen and country. Now yuz all pourin ya money into the flesh pots of foreign climes. Yuz need a new catch phrase "Lets make britain great again" - spend at home not in rome?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

14-05-2021, 06:36 AM

Don't get me started, spent decades keeping the home fires burning, stayed wiv the Blight (unlike some others), time to observe the dictate playing out.
bret
bret is male 

14-05-2021, 07:01 AM

my apologizes spitty - the hrs I have spent around a campfire on the trail with me old mate xxxx - who waxed lyrical about the antics of a certain Paul or is that Saul from biblical times from War wick shhhh!! building some sorta glass covered shed - I can hear the sound of the jackhammer now as we speak! He sends his best wishes and just wishes he could be wiv ya know as we speak? and him with the forked tongue -

Page 1657 of 1676 « First < 657 1157 1557 1607 1647 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1667 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top