Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 10:15 PM

Nellie

My little Nellie went in for spaying this morning.

I thought long and hard about it, but eventually decided to go through with it.
I really hate leaving a dog at the vets and coming home without them, it upsets me, although Nellie is so sweet natured and trusting, and trotted off with the nurse quite happily. They all love her there.

She was third on the list for operating, so was done before lunch time. They phoned early this afternoon and said I could collect her at 4.30pm. I was so relieved. I miss her.

She is home now, and resting in her bed.
I cooked her some chicken and some rice for her tea, and she enjoyed that and ate it all. I have to start her on some pain killer tomorrow, she is already dosed up enough for today.
I hope her tummy mends alright, it looks quite a nice clean wound so far. Stitches out in 10 days.

Don't know why I'm telling you all this really, guess I'm just happy she's home.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 10:35 PM

Re: Nellie

Glad everything went well, and your Nellie is resting comfortably at home.

Whenever one of my boys has to go to the vet or go under for anything, I'm a basket case. Nobody knows my boys like I do, and though I know they will take good care of them, I fret about something happening to them. Nobody spoils them like I do!

Here's to a quick recovery for your girl.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 10:37 PM

Glad it all went well Mups! I know what you mean, it's the walking through the door and them not being there, gets me every time I leave Floyd for blood tests.
I'm sure you've done the right thing for Nellie. She'll be fine soon!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 10:48 PM

Thanks ladies.
She's been a good girl so far and not fiddled with the wound, but I have popped a buster collar on her tonight, just to make sure she doesn't meddle with the stitches while I'm asleep.

I don't like those lamp shade things some vets put on them, and I find the other dogs don't like one looking different and crashing into door frames etc either, it unsettles them. So I use the inflatable collars instead. It doesn't interfere with their vision, hearing or balance like the other sort.

http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Buster-In...fo/INFLATCOLL/

If she's unhappy with that, I'll put a baby vest/tshirt on her tomorrow instead.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 11:11 PM

It's always a worry having any op Mups isn't it.

Having lost two bitched and almost a third to pyometra I don't hesitate to have my bitches spayed.

What could be worse than returning home from the vets with just a collar and lead after a failed operation on a closed pyometra Very often by the time you are aware something is wrong it is too late.

Hoping Nellie is back to her naughty self very soon..
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 11:25 PM

Awh glad she is ok Mups. I am similar too when it comes to pets.

She will be fine so don't go worrying x
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 11:50 PM

Awww Mups ... sending hugs to you and Nellie ...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 11:55 PM

Awww ... hope Nellie recovers soon, Mups
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2016, 12:04 AM

It's very sensible to have a bitch spayed if you aren't showing her or breeding from her. They can get nasty things wrong with them if left able to breed not to mention unwanted puppies. You did the right thing for Nellie, Mups.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2016, 12:32 AM

I´m happy to hear Nellie´s op is over and done with and she is doing well.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top