Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2010, 11:36 PM

Re: Kneecap problem

Originally Posted by merz ->
Oh Alicat, that's one step forward and two back! Hope its not set you back too far. Poor hubby-hope he's ok!
He was a bit shocked to find me land on him (he was sitting in the armchair at the time), but I think he's got over it now.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2010, 03:21 PM

How is your knee now, Alicat?
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2010, 04:09 PM

Pain to the side of the knee sounds as though it could be a cartilage problem -and blooming painful it can be,I know.

The good news is that if it`s not too complicated a simple bit of key hole surgery can fix it,in and out on the same day and that`s it. No more pain.

The not so good news is that it is a non priority job so it may take a few weeks before it gets done
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2010, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
How is your knee now, Alicat?
Thank you for asking Mags. It is a bit better now and not as bad as it was. I've got a very good naighbour who is taking Asti out for lots of walks, I'm very grateful to her. She's got two lovely Border Terriers and they get on very well together with Asti so she takes all 3 out together.

I'm going to try and take Asti out for her usual run on Thursday morning.
Alicat
West Berkshire

23-11-2010, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Pain to the side of the knee sounds as though it could be a cartilage problem -and blooming painful it can be,I know.

The good news is that if it`s not too complicated a simple bit of key hole surgery can fix it,in and out on the same day and that`s it. No more pain.

The not so good news is that it is a non priority job so it may take a few weeks before it gets done
Could well be Old git, I'll have the Xray results next Monday so we will see, but you're right, it is painful. Do you have to have an anaesthetic to have that key hole surgery?
welshgit
llanybydder, wales
welshgit is male  welshgit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2010, 07:09 PM

If it is tendon/s around the knee area I have damaged a plenty over the years. Was there any swelling?, the worse I had was when I landed on the floor with my leg bent back under me........they had to cut my Levi's off me then!!!! This was some serious damage that was painful to the point of being more painful than the limbs I have broken!!!! Took a fair bit of time to mend too, but I did not have surgery.
I have also damaged the one that attaches the thigh muscles to the inner knee area on both legs, these were running related injuries that although extremely painful at the time I managed to keep mobile with them and was back running in no time.

Al
Alicat
West Berkshire

02-12-2010, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by welshgit ->
If it is tendon/s around the knee area I have damaged a plenty over the years. Was there any swelling?, the worse I had was when I landed on the floor with my leg bent back under me........they had to cut my Levi's off me then!!!! This was some serious damage that was painful to the point of being more painful than the limbs I have broken!!!! Took a fair bit of time to mend too, but I did not have surgery.
I have also damaged the one that attaches the thigh muscles to the inner knee area on both legs, these were running related injuries that although extremely painful at the time I managed to keep mobile with them and was back running in no time.

Al
My goodness Welshgit you have been in the wars. I went for the result of my xray but the stupid woman doing the xray did the wrong leg so I'll probably have to have one done again.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 01:56 PM

Nooo ... wrong leg? Poor you Alicat, how flipping incompetent can they get?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I went for the result of my xray but the stupid woman doing the xray did the wrong leg so I'll probably have to have one done again.
What!!!!! Sorry to hear that Alicat, I hope they apologised to you!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 05:47 PM

Good thing it was an x-ray, not an amputation! Really, how incompetent.....

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top