Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 06:02 PM

Re: Coach holidays

Myrtle ,,it was a set time to eat , the dining room was closed till they opened it on that time .

They didnt start on each table to serve till you was ALL sitting down at your table
, I did get there before the other two but had to wait till they arrived at the table and sit down to get served .

There was a rule no eating in Rooms , so i couldnt ask to eat in my room , which had crossed my mind .
But i did take snacks from my days out that i collected for a supper to my room , i was careful not to leave any food wrappers on show ..
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 06:14 PM

We did a National to Torquay a few years back, we didn't know that the hotel was at the top of the hill, which was ok until we had to come back for dinner, other than that I would recomend them.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 06:29 PM

Eliza ... you certainly didn't go with Shearings ... their mealtimes are flexible so you go into the dining room when it suits you ... usually between say 6PM and 7.30PM for dinner. Did you go with National ? It sounds more like their regime.

As for no food in your room !!! Sod that for a game of soldiers ... what they don't know about won't hurt them ... with Shearings I leave my "treats" and drinks on display but if there was ever such a rule I'd hide them in the wardrobe or a drawer

Rehab ... I wonder if you stayed at the same hotel as Eliza ... The Trecarn in Babbacome (where the model village is) ?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 06:49 PM

Myrtle , I didnt go with any of those mentioned Coach Company im happy with those i use and I didnt stop at The Trecarn ,
It was a 2* hotel so i suppose with it being a Bargin Break I got what I payed for ,
It was at Babbacombe and very convenient to the Model village , Bygone Museum and cliff rail down to the Beach .
I think it was just the service at meal time that let it down , with just two to serve us all at the same sitting it was a bit Bonkers and one waitress rushed around making us all feel dizzy .

I hid my goodies in my Suitcase and locked it ...feeling rather like a naughty border at a School
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 06:54 PM

I hid my goodies in my Suitcase and locked it ...feeling rather like a naughty border at a School

Good for you !!!!!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Eliza ... you certainly didn't go with Shearings ... their mealtimes are flexible so you go into the dining room when it suits you ... usually between say 6PM and 7.30PM for dinner. Did you go with National ? It sounds more like their regime.

As for no food in your room !!! Sod that for a game of soldiers ... what they don't know about won't hurt them ... with Shearings I leave my "treats" and drinks on display but if there was ever such a rule I'd hide them in the wardrobe or a drawer

Rehab ... I wonder if you stayed at the same hotel as Eliza ... The Trecarn in Babbacome (where the model village is) ?
It was was called..something..International and actually in Torquay...it was a while ago
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

17-06-2017, 08:21 PM

Perhaps it was the Rainbow International hotel ... I agree that the hills in Torquay are steep !!!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

17-06-2017, 08:52 PM

That's the fellow, right at the top a a hill, nice place, good food, and a nightclub
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 08:54 PM

We have done a few trips with Crusader coaches and can't fault them. Coaches are new and very luxurious. It's a good way to see places without spending too much. Unfortunately, now we are in the SW, Crusader don't operate in this area which is a shame. We used to book the front seats well in advance.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
@Cass ... you are only "stuck at close quarters" with the other passengers whilst you are travelling ... the rest of the time you are free to go off and do your own thing. I often don't even bother going on the included excursion(s) as I like to plan my own itinerary using local buses or trains.

I think I might be daring and try a day trip somehwere, but the idea of staying over somewhere, eating meals with other people I dont know etc makes me feel a bit queasy..
Silly I know because I see the prices and think how resonable some of the trips are but when it comes to it I dont think I would cope very well.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top