Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 11:03 AM

Re: The Natural Way?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
that's irrelevant realist. What's relevant is that people should be careful taking too much turmeric. It can affect the heart and kidneys. Everything is good in moderation is my maxim.

Also Annie, beware of Tumeric if you are already on blood thinners.
Some people just hear or read something may be good for them so stuff themselves with it, not having a clue what they are doing.
As you say, "Everything in moderation."

Quote:

Negative side effects of turmeric

1. It can upset your stomach. The same agents in turmeric that support digestive health can cause irritation when taken in large amounts.
2. It thins your blood. Turmeric's purifying properties may also make you bleed more easily.
3. It may stimulate contractions.
Brill17
New Member!
Tucson, United States
Brill17 is male 

23-11-2018, 04:39 AM

Take it is a capsule.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Natural ?

Sure they contain Valerian Root and Gentian Root, but also . .

maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, acacia, spray dried, icing sugar, magnesium stearate, maize starch, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, calcium carbonate (light), carnuba wax, Mastercote White SP0950G, talc, shellac varnish, sucrose, titanium dioxide E171, yellow beeswax.
That is astounding!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 10:40 AM

Any skin or hair problems I use coconut oil, also works as a really gentle make up remover but takes off even water proof make up.

I use it in cooking too, and put it in my dog food as it seems to promote good health

It works really well as a toothpaste too.

I like cardomon pods in hot milk, remove the pods before drinking that relaxes and puts us all to sleep.

Milk for indigestion

Dried apricots for constipation
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 01:15 PM

Seeing as the OP never returned, I don't think they were that interested.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Seeing as the OP never returned, I don't think they were that interested.

They were probably hoping to flog us some natural product that cures dementia Longdogs but forgot where they placed the add.......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by oldgreyfox ->
they were probably hoping to flog us some natural product that cures dementia longdogs but forgot where they placed the add.......

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top