Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 07:45 PM

Bad news...sprinkled with good luck

My much loved Dad (81) had stomach ulcers and a stomach "bug" bad-gutty thingys.... ...in his stomach.....a few months ago he was given tablets and the ulcers cleared up great he was discharged, but the Doctor a lovely lady said for him to go have a biopsy "to be on the safe side" but that was a "precaution" only anyhow he was called back yesterday went today while I was at the cat homing show and told he has "cancerous cells" in his stomach another biopsy done and he is due for an MRI (he thinks) but the Doctor said if it is worse case senario he is caught early and part of his stomach can be removed and "happiness..... ... so a bit of good and bad news in one bad its there at all but good its early and caught early/pre cancerious we are told at the moment....see what happen when you leave them on their own......CHAOS.

You have to bear in mind I was not with them and am relying on my Dad's info....(he is 80% deaf and this obviously scare him whitless) and my Mom's info who was in tears as soon as the word Cancer was mentioned... and my brother who took them but by the time he had gone and parked after dropping them off he waited in the waiting room rather than going in they told him so his version is the same as theirs...which I now have OBVIOUSLY....I would have gone in and listened to the results/info...or gone in and seen the Dr when Mom & Dad said in the hosiptal the diagnosis but my brother is a lot like my Dad...don't make a fuss.. ...I will be going to all future appointments...

So bad news "cancer" tinged with good, caught early.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 07:48 PM

Re: Bad news...sprinkled with good luck

All good wishes for the future management
(and isn't it odd to accept changing from 'cared-for' to 'carer' when it comes to your parents?)
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 07:50 PM

Hope they zap it Kazz - it's good they have caught it early. Good luck for you dad - hope he recovers quickly!
Lainey
Aberdeen
Lainey is female  Lainey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 08:09 PM

Lots of best wishes and possitive thoughts to you and your family Kazz xxx
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 08:23 PM

I hope it all turns out well for your dad, better early diagnosis than late.
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 08:25 PM

Its a worrying time for you all, but catching things early is always positive.
Sending best wishes to you all.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 08:32 PM

It must be difficult when you get that sort of information second-hand. Hope all goes well for your dad and thoughts are with you all.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 08:36 PM

Glad he's been diagnosed early.. good luck with his treatment xx
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 09:15 PM

I replied on your Catsey post, Kazz ....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 11:21 AM

Every good wish to your Dad,Kazz.... I hope his treatment goes well...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top