Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 11:21 AM

Covid vaccine: Trial of new coronavirus vaccine starts in UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54296224
A trial of a new vaccine that appears to train the immune system to fight coronavirus has begun in the UK. Early tests showed the jab, developed by US biotechnology company Novavax, leads to high levels of virus-fighting antibodies being produced. The trial on 10,000 people will now see if the vaccine can prevent people getting ill. The UK government has already ordered 60 million doses in case it proves successful.

The Novavax jab is only the second to enter large scale trials in the UK; the other has been developed by the University of Oxford.

Some of the vaccines being developed for Covid-19 use either completely new or barely proven technologies. Novavax are using traditional methods - proteins from the coronavirus that cannot replicate in the body and a chemical, called an adjuvant, to boost the immune response.
That's one to keep an eye on .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 12:09 PM

Re: Covid vaccine: Trial of new coronavirus vaccine starts in UK

Yes, that's the only one that makes ense to me.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 01:04 PM

If that should prove to be successful, and I pray that it does, I can emagine Trump declaring that he had saved the world.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 04:29 PM

On second thoughts, would it overload our immune systems and burn them out?
I'm sticking with no vaccinations til they have been around for several months, if at all.
The Oxford one would be better to trust if any.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top