Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 12:23 PM

Care Homes using "Do Not Resuscitate illegally?

After all of that input, saying how badly the Care Homes have been treated, by the Government, it seems that Care Homes are now being accused of illegally ticking the "Do not Resuscitate" box on patients who have the virus.

This is in the Telegraph, today,

"Claims that care homes placed blanket Do Not Resuscitate orders on residents at the height of the Covid-19 pandemic are being investigated by the care watchdog.

Concerns have been raised that blanket orders were applied to groups such as residents in some care homes in England as the NHS faced the first peak of the virus.

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) said it was proceeding with the review "at pace".

Compassion In Dying has been calling for an inquiry into the use of Do Not Attempt Resuscitation (DNAR) and Do Not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DNACPR) orders during the Covid crisis.

The charity said that, since March, it had heard several reports of such orders being made in a blanket way for patients across a range of healthcare settings.

Lord Bethell, the health minister, announced the investigation in the House of Lords on October 1, saying: "The department is very clear that the blanket use of DNACPR and DNR is unacceptable. "

In my book, and I'm not sure of the rules, only Medical Doctors can "tick the box" - or close family?

So have the Care Homes been committing Murder, or Manslaughter?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 12:30 PM

Re: Care Homes using "Do Not Resuscitate illegally?

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
After all of that input, saying how badly the Care Homes have been treated, by the Government, it seems that Care Homes are now being accused of illegally ticking the "Do not Resuscitate" box on patients who have the virus.

This is in the Telegraph, today,

"Claims that care homes placed blanket Do Not Resuscitate orders on residents at the height of the Covid-19 pandemic are being investigated by the care watchdog.

Concerns have been raised that blanket orders were applied to groups such as residents in some care homes in England as the NHS faced the first peak of the virus.

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) said it was proceeding with the review "at pace".

Compassion In Dying has been calling for an inquiry into the use of Do Not Attempt Resuscitation (DNAR) and Do Not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DNACPR) orders during the Covid crisis.

The charity said that, since March, it had heard several reports of such orders being made in a blanket way for patients across a range of healthcare settings.

Lord Bethell, the health minister, announced the investigation in the House of Lords on October 1, saying: "The department is very clear that the blanket use of DNACPR and DNR is unacceptable. "

In my book, and I'm not sure of the rules, only Medical Doctors can "tick the box" - or close family?

So have the Care Homes been committing Murder, or Manslaughter?

I can't imagine they would dare do so without proper authority Ted?
I will ask my friend who works in care if she knows anything about this.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 12:33 PM

Here is the link.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ts-first-wave/

Not sure if you can read it, without being a member!

Shattering statement, if it's true!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 01:43 PM

Hi

Never been in a Care Home.

I have however been in Intensive Care 3 times in the last two months.

Each time, being over 60, the question has been asked.

They do put pressure on.

My response has been the same.

A drowning man clutches at straws.

I will not, my hands will be firmly round the neck of whoever threw me in.

I intend to survive and will come back to haunt anyone who decides otherwise.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Never been in a Care Home.

I have however been in Intensive Care 3 times in the last two months.

Each time, being over 60, the question has been asked.

They do put pressure on.

My response has been the same.

A drowning man clutches at straws.

I will not, my hands will be firmly round the neck of whoever threw me in.

I intend to survive and will come back to haunt anyone who decides otherwise.
Ha! Ha!Ha! Swimmy !!
Nice answer!

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top