Join for free
Page 102 of 164 « First < 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 08:53 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

At the start of the vaccination rollout only Pfizer was licensed for use in the UK and about half a million of those were given out predominantly to the most vulnerable over 80s group. You definitely won't get a choice now. But a large number of the over 80s group was vaccinated with pfizer at the very start as AZ deliveries would have still been in transit.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes I've seen a flurry of social media posts from friends who have had the vaccine in the last couple of days. At least the over 50s will be able to relax a bit now.
What do you mean Annie ? Two friends of mine,54 and 59 haven't had letters yet.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:38 PM

A vaccine is a way of giving the body resistance to a virus. Being infected with the virus when you haven't had previous exposure is like being bitten by a snake without previous resistance build up. You seem to be advocating vaccination while at the same time arguing against it.
I think the vaccine is brilliant Annie, and it seems to be having the desired effect, but it's just not right for me....Why would I take malaria medication if I will never visit a country where it resides. So why have a vaccine for something that I will never catch?

Catching covid is nowhere near as life threatening as being bitten by a snake......I hate snakes!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
What do you mean Annie ? Two friends of mine,54 and 59 haven't had letters yet.
They announced it in the news just the other day your friends can go book themselves on the website if they don't have a letter or text from their GP www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination. I think everyone I know over 55 was already vaccinated at the start of the month.

I had the GP text so I booked with them. Then I got a letter with the website above yesterday.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-03-2021, 09:51 PM

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-03-17/...igible-for-jab

Here's an article about it with a link to the site. There were a number of similar news reports the other day.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-03-2021, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think the vaccine is brilliant Annie, and it seems to be having the desired effect, but it's just not right for me....Why would I take malaria medication if I will never visit a country where it resides. So why have a vaccine for something that I will never catch?

Catching covid is nowhere near as life threatening as being bitten by a snake......I hate snakes!
You don't have to have it if you don't want to. But I just thought you didn't want any of us to have it either.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 10:03 PM

They announced it in the news just the other day your friends can go book themselves on the website if they don't have a letter or text from their GP www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination. I think everyone I know over 55 was already vaccinated at the start of the month.

I had the GP text so I booked with them. Then I got a letter with the website above yesterday.
Marge is 59 and she wasn't. He appointment for her first injection is on Tuesday.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 10:05 PM

You don't have to have it if you don't want to. But I just thought you didn't want any of us to have it either.
I'm only responsible for my own health Annie, I would never dictate or try to convince anyone to do as I do....I am happy that a vaccine has been created and seems to be preventing deaths and giving people the confidence to face life after the lockdown. Perhaps I've been a little bit too vocal about my reasons for not wanting the vaccine.....
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm only responsible for my own health Annie, I would never dictate or try to convince anyone to do as I do....I am happy that a vaccine has been created and seems to be preventing deaths and giving people the confidence to face life after the lockdown. Perhaps I've been a little bit too vocal about my reasons for not wanting the vaccine.....
I think that is a bit of an understatement OGF
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 10:30 PM

Australia's medical regulator has approved the domestic production of the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, with the first batches expected to be released "in the next few days."

The second phase of Australia's COVID-19 vaccination program starts today, with millions of Australians set to become eligible for their first dose.

Phase 1B includes Australians aged 70 and over, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders aged 55 and over, younger Australians with underlying health conditions and frontline healthcare workers.

International supply problems mean some GP clinics will initially only get 50 doses per week, while flooding and storms in New South Wales were expected to delay deliveries in parts of that state.

Some patients and doctors have also expressed frustration with how Phase 1B had been announced, with some GP clinics saying they were not prepared for bookings to open.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-...cine/100020186

Page 102 of 164 « First < 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top