Join for free
Page 4 of 164 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 12:27 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I would like to thank Mags & all the other people who have told is about having their vaccination. It really helps those who have been nervous about having a jab, that nobody has had before, & hearing that you are not suffering is a real comfort to many.
I have had an annual flu jab for years and 70% of the time I get a sore arm for a few days but it soon gets better & isn't anything to worry about.

I think that suffering after Jabs is often psychological fear, but very few people suffer any serious problems.
I believe it will take some time to get back to normal, when we have all had our jabs, but at least we will have some protection.
I really hope that all our members can look back on Covid as a bit of a nuisance, rather than a tragedy, and we can see the funny side of "Lock Down" in a couple of years!
What a lovely post Twink, thank you.

I did have in mind that it may help people, who were hesitant about having the vaccine, to know what the experience was like. I admit to being scared when it was first announced the vaccine was now available.... nobody would really know how it would affect them. Then I realised we see may never see the end of this in our lifetime unless we do something about it now and we both decided we would go for it and do our bit for the nation to help towards living a safer life.

I didn't sleep well last night but that's not unusual for me. Mr M slept like a log! I have a very slight soreness on my arm this morning, nothing to stop me from doing anything though and my husband has a slight achy arm, no different from any other jabs that he's had in the past.

I would urge folk to go for it if they are fit enough but having mixed feelings.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Morticia was worried about injectees growing another head. Any sign of that yet?
I'm checking daily for any strange bumps, Bruce!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

10-01-2021, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
How are you both this morning,Mags?...
Feeling tickety boo this morning, Pauline!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

10-01-2021, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Mags?....
You rang, Sir?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 12:32 PM

My very elderly mum had the pfizer one and is fine. No side effects, not even arm soreness in fact she thought she felt better after having it. She said it was so much easier than the flu vaccine. Like nothing happened. No sign of a second head apparently!

The nurse spent a while aligning it to ensure that the microchip was in exactly the right place...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

10-01-2021, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
My very elderly mum had the pfizer one and is fine. No side effects, not even arm soreness in fact she thought she felt better after having it. She said it was so much easier than the flu vaccine. Like nothing happened. No sign of a second head apparently!

The nurse spent a while aligning it to ensure that the microchip was in exactly the right place...
I like your sense of humour Annie!

Glad your Mum is ok
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You rang, Sir?
Glad that you and Mr M are fine Mags.....I think the achy arms are a result of bruising from the needle and nothing to do with the vaccine. Despite what I write on here, I don't believe there is anything to fear or be worried about from the vaccine. Despite what all the conspiracy theorists keep harping on about, It makes me think that because there are several companies now producing vaccines, they can't all be producing dodgy vaccines.....That's if they ever were.....
Good on yer Mags.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I like your sense of humour Annie!

Glad your Mum is ok
So do I Mags, on both counts....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 01:04 PM

Well, I felt tired all day yesterday and my arm ached, but I feel fine today, although I’m telling Mrs p otherwise in case she lines up any jobs for me, so apart from the sudden urge to climb my neighbors tree....I feel fine..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

10-01-2021, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Well, I felt tired all day yesterday and my arm ached, but I feel fine today, although I’m telling Mrs p otherwise in case she lines up any jobs for me, so apart from the sudden urge to climb my neighbors tree....I feel fine..
That's good to hear Primus, please keep us updated on any changes.

Page 4 of 164 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top