Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:06 AM

Re: on my bucket list

Right now...a sunny beach anywhere and a Pina Colada
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:08 AM

St Catherine Palace Petersburg Russia
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:09 AM

I have a few plans, I'd like to travel the Oodnadatta track,go round Australia again but this time up the centre of WA via Mt Magnet, revisit Uluru and visit Kings Canyon for the first time.

All of those things could be carried out in one trip whether they will or not is another matter.

The Oodnadatta track is one trip I have set off for a couple of times but the road has been closed because of rain. This was one of my failures where it was just too boggy.

In May my daughter and I are off to Camerons Corner (where NSW, SA and Queensland meet) it's in the Sturt Stoney Desert. If it rains we won't get there because the road will be closed - La Nina has its disadvantages.

https://goo.gl/maps/NxoQWmTYJbtGWDcY6

I have a few trips planned but those are the major ones for the next 12 months or so, if the International borders open then things might change.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:07 PM

I don't have a bucket list ...
I make the best of each day living in the moment...
If I can still get up every day and potter about in my house and garden that will do for me ...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I agree with Barry! But deciding to get the dog has put the kybosh on trips, whether abroad or by coach in the UK, as I used to.

But setting aside that small problem for the moment, if I could, I’d love to do the Canadian Rockies, with a cruise to Alaska thrown in, and definitely the Northern Lights.

I have travelled extensively over the years, and seen more than enough that should satisfy me, but those two have always been forgotten in plans.

Oh, I did a Caribbean cruise end of 2003, and on the long sail from Madeira, 5 days, I had somehow caught a terrible cold and cough, which hit me by the first island. It completely spoilt my enjoyment, having made me so ill, so I’d love to do it again, revisiting the places on that cruise.
Yes, that does happen when you get a dog. When I get my cuddle in the morning though, it makes it all worth it.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 02:32 PM

Was on my list but I first saw them in 2010, this was Feb last year

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 12:01 PM

Talking of the Oonadatta Track it is now the only way between Adelaide and Alice Springs since the Stuart Highway collapsed after a crash and subsequent fire caused a culvert to disintegrate. There is now no sealed road between SA and NT.

The road could be closed for weeks.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-...ekend/13224538
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 02:49 PM

LD, getting the dog has definitely been good for me, as I too love all the cuddles I get.

However, that doesn’t stop me from wanting to travel still and maybe, one day, I could get her into home boarding (never a kennel) so I can satisfy that yearning.

Oh I adored NZ. Had over 2 weeks on that coach trip, and actually, think I saw enough, apart from Milford Sound. The weather was right down to the ground so unfortunately we couldn’t see its full beauty.

Would go to Singapore in a heart beat too.

I just don’t want those long haul flights, anymore though. Too much, even for someone like me.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 04:00 PM

My problem is the same as yours, Barry!

With a focus on a career and raising a family, international travel has come to me late in life. There are so many places I crave:

In the works: New Zealand and Australia

The top of a very long list:

Peru, Maldives and Bora Bora, Egypt and Tunisia for ancient architecture, Scotland and Iceland, Norway, South Africa and a nice little road trip to Torres del Paine, Chile.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 05:47 PM

already been to Spain- Tunisia- Norway- Russia- USA x2 times- Brazil x3/4 times - Argentina- Sicily- Greece- Latvia- Egypt -Estonia-Germany- Denmark-Lithuania-Finland-China -Japan-Britanny- Northern Ireland- Barbados- Aruba-Grand Cayman -Jamaica-Tortola- Domincan Republic- St Maarten-St Lucia- etc may be more I can't remember at the moment that is not including 2 med cruises as well.

So as I said Australia is next on my list after this Grand Europe Canal trip supposedly this year we should have had last year

I WANT TO GO ON HOLIDAY THIS YEAR

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top