Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 03:31 AM

Re: Summer holidays overseas are "extremely unlikely"

Let me go to beautiful Northumberland though. Discovered this beautiful part of the world because of coronavirus, so so glad we did. Stunning places to be found right on our own doorstep xx
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
........"because of the risk of travellers bringing coronavirus variants back to the UK, a scientist on a government advisory body has said."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56467813

I would feel extremely lucky if we were allowed a holiday in our own country, let alone somewhere abroad.
Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Does Boris have the right to hold us prisoners in our own country ?
This is illegal surely
You certainly won't be visiting Australia our borders are closed and residents need a permit (and a valid reason) to leave.

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia

According to the experts(?) it is extremely unlikely that people from the USA and Europe will be allowed to visit Australia this year (too many Covid cases and variants) even if the borders open to some other countries.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 07:17 AM

Does anyone know if we are allowed to go to Wales yet?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 07:24 AM

Hi

Not allowed yet.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Does anyone know if we are allowed to go to Wales yet?
... need a haircut?
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You certainly won't be visiting Australia our borders are closed and residents need a permit (and a valid reason) to leave.

According to the experts(?) it is extremely unlikely that people from the USA and Europe will be allowed to visit Australia this year (too many Covid cases and variants) even if the borders open to some other countries.
Well done Australia, , I'd be happy just to get back to shopping normally
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
... need a haircut?
Is this the guy in the news who travelled from England to Wales for one, D00d? That made me laugh, what an idiot!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Is this the guy in the news who travelled from England to Wales for one, D00d? That made me laugh, what an idiot!

I trust Young Muddy would never consider it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Foreign travel, cruises and travel insurance could be difficult without a vaccine certificate in the near future OGF.
It's always going to be a temporary thing Scot, considering that protection from the vaccine only lasts six months (and that's a very optimistic forecast Scot) so I'll just wait and see what is going to happen. I don't think there will be a national rollout of vaccinations every six months...
There are lot's of people who will not have the vaccination either, so companies will soon learn that it's best not to be too selective of their clientele....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

Australia has the right attitude Bruce, better safe than regretful.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top