Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 02:06 AM

Re: Shingles vaccine.

I had my shingles vaccine ages ago - no problem with it. Get it done
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 05:09 PM

Neither Tony nor myself got the shingles jab we went for this morning.

When we got there the queue of people spread right round the carpark. I would estimate I had 100 people in front of me. Tony took one look at the queue & decided not to bother. I decided to stick it out so I joined the queue & spent the next 35 minutes chatting to a woman in front of me.

Finally it was my turn - I went in the room - The clinician explained that it was a live vaccine & side effects are likely. She listed them which included tiredness, rash etc. Then she said they aren't suitable for people with auto immune illnesses. I said 'But I've got an auto immune illness - I've got PMR & take steroids for it every day' At that point she apologised & told me it best I don't have it then!

Oh well at least I got to post my letter of complaint about my fight with the receptionist yesterday!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 05:11 PM

Aww Carol, what a waste of time queuing up! I know you put in your letter, and that's good, but surely they could have advised you beforehand, saving you and Tony hanging about!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 05:20 PM

I had shingles some years ago followed by post-herpetic neuralgia in my spine which went on for months ,both were horrible and something I never wish to repeat .
My neighbour had the same problem .
As soon as the shingles vaccine was available I was first in the queue to have it.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 08:07 PM

My Dad had shingles in his leg and lost all feeling from the knee like Meg it is not something I would want to see repeated. However understand your issue Carol with auto immune.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 08:46 PM

I'm really wary of injections but was willing to have the shingles one after listening to the advice on here.

What a let down to be told I can't have it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm really wary of injections but was willing to have the shingles one after listening to the advice on here.

What a let down to be told I can't have it.

I would be more grateful she warned me about the auto-immune response and didn't just go ahead and do it!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

25-07-2021, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I would be more grateful she warned me about the auto-immune response and didn't just go ahead and do it!
Yes of course Mups. I'm very grateful I was warned about it.

Goes to show they don't look at medical records when they send for you or I wouldn't have been summoned.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Yes of course Mups. I'm very grateful I was warned about it.

Goes to show they don't look at medical records when they send for you or I wouldn't have been summoned.

Good point.
They could have saved your time and their own.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top