Join for free
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 12:40 AM

What is your opinion on this ??

Do you believe in it .. .. I find it very intriguing ...

Does it really work ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 07:46 AM

Re: What is your opinion on this ??

Meditation really works - but I prefer to medititate in silence.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Meditation really works - but I prefer to medititate in silence.

A small quote will explain things better than I can:

" Under the pressures of modern life, the relaxation response often doesn't work as well as it should. If we over-react in stressful situations, we remain in a state of arousal for longer than necessary. This accelerates the rate of wear and tear, and ageing in the body.
Meditation is regarded as the optimum state for self-healing, this state is called 'homeostasis'. It puts the body back into a state of balance, and a good way to restore balance quickly.
A good meditator can relax quickly whenever she wants to. She doesn't have to withdraw to a quiet room with a cup of tea for 20 mins to calm herself. If she finds herself stressing in traffic, or at a meeting, or while managing the kids, she can hit the "de-stress button" and initiate the relaxation response immediately."
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
A small quote will explain things better than I can:

" Under the pressures of modern life, the relaxation response often doesn't work as well as it should. If we over-react in stressful situations, we remain in a state of arousal for longer than necessary. This accelerates the rate of wear and tear, and ageing in the body.
Meditation is regarded as the optimum state for self-healing, this state is called 'homeostasis'. It puts the body back into a state of balance, and a good way to restore balance quickly.
A good meditator can relax quickly whenever she wants to. She doesn't have to withdraw to a quiet room with a cup of tea for 20 mins to calm herself. If she finds herself stressing in traffic, or at a meeting, or while managing the kids, she can hit the "de-stress button" and initiate the relaxation response immediately."
How do Blokes do it?.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
How do Blokes do it?.
Very carefully !!!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
How do Blokes do it?.

Just the same smart-arse

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top