Join for free
Page 5 of 18 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

20-09-2018, 04:13 PM

Re: Makeup can age the skin

He he but I have no wrinkles, or whiskers realise I am very lucky but have always used lots of creams and makeup.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 04:16 PM

Ah whiskers .... another soul crushing fact of life.
I'm forever plucking out a witches hair that sprouts from my chin.
My nasal hair is pretty controlled though .
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

20-09-2018, 04:26 PM

Probably sticking my self out here but I can never understand why women let themselves go. By putting on weight, dressing frumpy, not making the most of their hair and face, and my most disliked is why on earth do they put up with chin hair and whiskers.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Thank you Bratti...you are too kind (if you only knew)

But I agree that I am lovable, forum and real life. I love my friends and I hug them and kiss them. I love my family and do the same. I am basically a happy person and just try to shower my love on many, but there there is the other side of me (of which I have little control)....where I am a holy terror.
You’re welcome. You are fun and loveable and come across online how you really are and yes sometimes you are difficult but so am I and so are lots of other people. These are only written words here so we don’t get to hear tone of voice, see a smile or a slight wink but you are so potent you can be felt.

We are so similar in so many ways but then polar opposites in others. You’re the ‘give everyone hugs’ type of person whereas in the ‘I hope they don’t see me’ kind. I’m NOT the huggy kissy type at all and in brutal honesty usually avoid people who are. But that’s in real life. In forum life you’re a blast and I like fun people.

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I agree, I don't know why blue thinks she's unpopular, I really like her xx
It’s not that Blue thinks she’s unpopular, it’s that she doesn’t think she’s very liked at times. I don’t think anyone’s liked all the time nor do I think it’s important to be liked by everyone.
That’s normal.

I genuinely really like her too.
Aww love fest
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Panda ->
Probably sticking my self out here but I can never understand why women let themselves go. By putting on weight, dressing frumpy, not making the most of their hair and face, and my most disliked is why on earth do they put up with chin hair and whiskers.
I think the answer to that is a diverse and unique as our personalities. There was a time when I let myself go but it was after a very traumatic experience that left me wanting to look fat and ugly and I did look like a total frump. The added weight made me wear baggier clothes and because I didn’t want to feel noticed I wore no makeup and did nothing with my hair.

I didn’t even wear skirts , dresses or high heels for years but once I reached menopausal stage all that changed around completely. I lost all the added weight and started to really appreciate and celebrate the fact that I was a women and made it a priority to love and pamper myself cause we can’t rely on others to do it and it truly makes a HUGE difference to my life which, in my world, is all that matters.

But I have to add, happy wife , happy husband.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Exactly Panda!

Delusional folk who think they have no wrinkles... it's because you look in the mirror!
If I do that I look younger than Springtime

Now pick up your make-up mirror (or magnifying mirror of some description)
AND PUT ON YOUR READING GLASSES!

Now look again and tell me you have no wrinkles!!
I have no wrinkles as the photo, which I took this morning, that I have posted on this thread shows to be the case.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 04:43 PM

I can feel a whole new thread coming out of this ...

When did you last take a photo of yourself ..... and why?
For a passport? For social media? To check for wrinkles from another persons viewpoint?

Why do some people take one so regular?
I think the most recent photo of me is at least 10 years old.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

20-09-2018, 04:47 PM

When you go out with friends and they are on Facebook then lots of pictures get taken of the events. Family get togethers etc
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 04:47 PM

Some women who wear make up seem to forget that as you age toning make up down is often needed. Our skin changes as does our hair shades which requires using more subtle tones.

The worst mistake seems to be with eye make up.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Ah whiskers .... another soul crushing fact of life.
I'm forever plucking out a witches hair that sprouts from my chin.
My nasal hair is pretty controlled though .
me too, I hate the annoying little buggers, I pluck 'em and still they come back in the same damn place! My hubby keeps telling me he can see them blowing in the wind haha

Page 5 of 18 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top