Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 01:28 PM

indicating

Is it just me, or are more and more drivers not bothering their arse to indicate? This morning coming to work I was waiting to pull out, but a car coming up the road wasn't indicating so I held back. Next thing is, at the corner, she indicated - doh!! I mouthed "thanks".

If it's not that then it's drivers who go round roundabouts without indicating where they're coming off.

Bad driving indeed.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 01:46 PM

Re: indicating

Yes, it's very annoying when you don't know what the car in front is going to do. Pedestrians may need to know which way a car is turning too.

As you say Alice - bad driving!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 02:36 PM

Yes, I'd agree with that too Alice. In fact, it's happened to me twice in two days. Idiots on roundabouts plus their relations (probably), who suddenly turn into a side road without indicating. OR, you are waiting at a T.junction for a car to go past and he turns up the road you are waiting in, again without indicating.
Another thing that bugs me is women with child seats standing out in the road with their car doors wide open into oncoming traffic, while they strap the child into it's seat. Why don't they try and park so the child seat is on the pavement side.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 03:49 PM

We have a few mini-roundabouts around here which used to be T junctions, if two or three people arrive at the same time no-one knows who goes first and a lot don't indicate so you don't know until they get there that they're actually turning left so you wait to give way!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 05:02 PM

Yes its worse, and Taxi Drivers are right at the top of the tree ive found.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 05:40 PM

Yes, agree with all the above.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 06:30 PM

Must say that the standard of driving here is atrocious. There are even instructions to "give way from the right" on roundabouts! But the very worse thing I find is that there seems to be some competition as to how slowly a person can drive and it irritates me beyond belief to be stuck behind someone driving at 15 mph in a 40 mph limit. We've only got one dual carriageway - nicknamed "the motorway" and no bus lanes etc - so the chance of keeping my driving up to mainland standards is zero!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 07:54 PM

This is the one thing - well, almost the only one - that makes me FURIOUS. Not only are they bone idle but they seem too damn thick to see that it's dangerous as well. How hard is it to move one finger?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 07:57 PM

I'm not the perfect driver - far from it, but I was taught to indicate WHERE YOU ARE GOING!! I've noticed a definite difference in the past year or so. Some drivers seem to take the roads for granted.

Another thing is women drivers practically up your bum on the roads. I'm singling them out because, at one point, I assumed it would be a man driver. Oh no, it's a woman who wants you out of her way so that she can get where she's going. Especially if there's children in the car. What a terrible example to teach your children.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 10:33 PM

Too many drivers seem to believe that other drivers are mind readers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top