Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 11:33 AM

Re: Do you think you're overweight?

I don't skinny dip, I chunky dunk

I've lost 8 lbs over the last few weeks and I'm quite pleased.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 12:24 PM

Yes I enjoyed my working life in an accounts office, bit hectic at times but far better than being idle and bored
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 12:34 PM

I am overweight even after losing 1 stone 8 pounds. I want to lose another 2 stone. But I find it's getting harder to lose.. So I'm going slow and steady.. So long as I don't gain.. I'm happy

As for working.. Some days I love it... some days not so much. I'm in that awkward stage of trying to figure out what I want to do.. For now just coasting along..
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 01:24 PM

Audrey you've done so well and you know what they say, slow and steady wins the race.

I can't imagine not working. I'm a people person and I like to spend time with people from all walks of life and luckily I can do that as I work in a hospital ward. I do know that I could never work in an office again. I'd find it boring.

Just as well I enjoy it. I've 10 years to go until I can retire
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 01:59 PM

It was something different and unique Carol and it must have been a godsend for people who struggle to find clothes in the usual shops.

Talking of weight I lost 2 stone starting about 2 years ago and it came off gradually. I didn't set myself a target, in fact the weight loss started by accident when I lost 5 pounds after a hectic trip where I did a lot of walking.
When I got home I decided to try to continue and 18 months later I was 2 stone lighter. The trick is staying there but I have so far managed it through 2 Christmases and 2 holidays.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2014, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
It was something different and unique Carol and it must have been a godsend for people who struggle to find clothes in the usual shops.
Thanks Anita. Yes a lot of people were thankful to find us.
if a small business wants to succeed they have to think of something different to sell.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2014, 04:10 AM

I didn't understand the point about working and the size of people until I read on a little further. I'm a bit daft like that sometimes!

An outlet such as yours was Carol must have been very special for those larger people. One of my cousins isn't particularly large in size, albeit he's a big lad, but proportionate; but he does take a size 15 in shoes! Stick an engine in one and add four wheels and it would make a nice little car!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2014, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I didn't understand the point about working and the size of people until I read on a little further. I'm a bit daft like that sometimes!
No you aren't... It's my fault for teaming two entirely different subjects together..

I don't mind which one gets answered.
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2014, 09:38 PM

weight, the bane of my life.........
joined the army at 22.........weighed 11st.........left 14 years later.......11st.........gave up smoking the night of the millennium and put 3 stone on in as many months.........have lost 8lbs of that, but still struggle.....

work........I have had 3 jobs
did my apprenticeship as an aircraft engineer at BAE, knew that when I finished it was not for me....
did 14 years in the army, really enjoyed it, until finding out half my lads were on drugs......
I have worked for the local authority ever since...........I truly loved my job, untill they started "the cull".........i am doing three peoples work for a lot less than I was paid 5 years ago......but.....que sara, I have a job..........
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2014, 10:03 PM

No I am not overweight and work has on the whole been enjoyable if sometimes stressful.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top