Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 03:23 PM

Re: How are YOU!

I tell those religious people that I've got my own religion and they politely walk away.
But when I had someone on the end of the phone asking me to kindly pay more money than what I am regularly paying for a charity, I asked her how much were her contributions towards it and how much money was she getting paid for making these calls. She then said that the money is needed so much. I then repeated myself and she soon put the phone down.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 03:26 PM

How about saying...."Whatever you are trying to sell me I don't want any" and close the door.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 03:32 PM

I flummoxed one not long ago, he used the latest opening gambit "Hello, don't worry, I am not trying to sell you something", too which I replied "well you ain't goin to make any commission are you".
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I flummoxed one not long ago, he used the latest opening gambit "Hello, don't worry, I am not trying to sell you something", too which I replied "well you ain't goin to make any commission are you".
I've had that line too !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Paul where are all these people, no one ever comes to my door trying to sell things .

There is always the 'towel technique' which I have used in the past for persistent people of a religious persuasion .
..grab a towel and wrap it around your head,
..go to an upstairs window and fling it open announcing to those below that you have just got out of the shower and can't speak to anyone
That is a stroke of genius Meg. I love it. Only thing is if I tried it the chap might be of the other persuasion and might answer "No dear, don't bother to come down, I'll go up"
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 04:40 PM

Door bell rings-Hello Sir I don`t want to bother you but--------------then don`t have a nice day goodbye
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Door bell rings-Hello Sir I don`t want to bother you but--------------then don`t have a nice day goodbye
That should catch him off guard OG.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
That is a stroke of genius Meg. I love it. Only thing is if I tried it the chap might be of the other persuasion and might answer "No dear, don't bother to come down, I'll go up"
naughty Jem
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 07:26 PM

Oh my other half is really bad or is that good? at getting caught up in conversations with these pests, if it's a phone call he's walking round the house getting more wound up by the minute - just put the phone down, I yell ........ he can't!!! Then that winds me up! Total nightmare when the door is opened - and cold at times, crazy!!
Clementy
London, UK
Clementy is female 

04-09-2014, 10:56 PM

I don't seem to have any problems with Jehovah Witnesses anymore. I simply say I'm not interested thank you and they just leave me a leaflet. I think they've toned down a little. I also tell the charity callers that I won't sign up for a direct debit on the doorstep, and ask them for the name of their website to think about it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top