Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2014, 09:20 AM

Respect of persons

Respect of persons. A saying my lovely gran used to say. Always think of others and don't make anyone feel different or left out. I've always lived by those words and sentiments. Sadly not everyone does.

An example is this. Anything going on at work, be it a party, theatre night, etc, a notice will goon the wall for everyone to read and choose whether or not they want to go. The respectful way.

Yesterday a member of staff had organised a lunch for someone who is celebrating something. Some of us heard about it through the grapevine, others had been personally invited. It's caused a bit of resentment. The photos are now on Facebook for all to see. A lovely afternoon had by all. Lots of comments saying how wonderful it was. Total disrespect of the person who organised it. She does instigate a clique.

I could not have gone as I was working, but should have still been invited. A respect of person. I just feel for the others who could have gone and didn't get the chance.

You can forget what people said, but never how you've made them feel. Such a true saying.

However, congratulations Tracy and lots of love xx

Paula - learn some manners!
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2014, 09:36 AM

Re: Respect of persons

It is a horrible feeling being excluded and cliques do happen unfortunately but we can't make other people like us or want to be with us.

Other people having 'manners' isn't something we can change, the only person we can change is ourselves and we can only be happy with ourselves and if others don't like us that is their decision so rise above it and don't let it spoil your day or rattle you.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2014, 09:45 AM

It's a fact of life that you will like some people and dislike others and similarly not everyone will like you. If I was throwing a party I certainly would not invite people who I didn't like.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2014, 09:50 AM

Respect of persons.
Alice that is a very good motto to observe and similar to that expressed in Kingsleys 'The Water Babies' , 'do as you would be done by'.

I have been an outsider all my life and it ceased to bother me years ago. I quite enjoy being an individual not just one of the crowd
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2014, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
It is a horrible feeling being excluded and cliques do happen unfortunately but we can't make other people like us or want to be with us.

Other people having 'manners' isn't something we can change, the only person we can change is ourselves and we can only be happy with ourselves and if others don't like us that is their decision so rise above it and don't let it spoil your day or rattle you.
Good post Anita and Meg ..........
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2014, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
It's a fact of life that you will like some people and dislike others and similarly not everyone will like you. If I was throwing a party I certainly would not invite people who I didn't like.
That's true - you shouldn't feel obligated to invite, I wouldn't want to go unless the invitation was sincere .......
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2014, 10:15 AM

If I'm being honest I actually get on very well with everyone who went to the lunch. They all know it wasn't possible for me to go anyway. However, a notice should have been put up on the wall for all to see.

The Christmas night out is organised. List put up. Everyone included. No one made to feel out of things. Sorted.

Yes, good replies everyone. I know you can't like everyone, but in a smaller group I still couldn't single anyone out.

Meg, I've never been one for being in a clique. I like to fly solo and have never wanted to be in with the in crowd, like some people do. I've always been the type of person to prefer doing some things on my own and don't need someone with me. It's a good way to be. Although I do have lots of lovely friends.

I'd hate if I ever made anyone feel bad and left out. It's respect of persons.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2014, 10:31 AM

I too have never been part of the in crowd where ever I have worked.

I liked to do what I want when I want to do it.

When I used to be invited to parties, nights out I was always polite and said no thank you and eventually I stopped getting invited, my idea of fun is not seeing how quickly you can get drunk, they also thought that meant that I did not want to hear about the night out.

Oh well, I now work on my own in an office, it still does not stop me having to say I do not want to go out with the owners at Christmas for something to eat.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2014, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I too have never been part of the in crowd where ever I have worked.
I spent many years working 'alone' with dogs and children then when I did start working with other people I rather put my foot in it by telling anyone who tried to engage me in discussing other members of staff that I preferred not to talk about other people .
With some it went down like a lead balloon but I didn't care .
I was there to work not gossip and didn't want to spend my free time with those I worked with anyway .
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2014, 10:46 AM

Meg I am with you on that one, I was never interested in people gossiping about others, I am sure we would have got on brilliantly if we had worked together.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top