Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 06:08 AM

Re: Our bin shed area being used as a public toilet!

Sounds horrendous Jan, hope you manage to get it sorted quickly..
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 07:56 AM

So sad that our capital city should be as run down as this. Immigration may bring a good mix of cultures but sometimes there's not much that's good about it.

I expect you've already tried most things but I'd send as much evidence as possible to all the political parties in the area asking them to take and accept responsibility. I'd also look at the legal side of your shared ownership and see what rights you have e.g. if you were renting with an AST contract, you have the right to peace and quiet. Maybe your ownership contract contains similar clauses? Perhaps contact Shelter as they can represent people with housing problems.

Whatever you decide, I hope there's a positive result for you.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
So sad that our capital city should be as run down as this. Immigration may bring a good mix of cultures but sometimes there's not much that's good about it.

I expect you've already tried most things but I'd send as much evidence as possible to all the political parties in the area asking them to take and accept responsibility. I'd also look at the legal side of your shared ownership and see what rights you have e.g. if you were renting with an AST contract, you have the right to peace and quiet. Maybe your ownership contract contains similar clauses? Perhaps contact Shelter as they can represent people with housing problems.

Whatever you decide, I hope there's a positive result for you.
I've got our Cllrs involved in all the email conversations so I'll let them deal with the homeless. I've got enough stress and shit going on in my life, without worrying about them too!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I've got our Cllrs involved in all the email conversations so I'll let them deal with the homeless. I've got enough stress and shit going on in my life, without worrying about them too!
Actually, I was trying to sympathise with you without being racist as I have no sympathy whatsoever with the culprits in this..............so I'll say what I want: why not send your photos and complaints to UKIP - they'll make hay!

The reference to Shelter was not made for the EE but they (Shelter) should be able to give you advice, tell you what your rights are, what legal obligations are involved in your ownership agreement and make suggestions to hopefully, solve this problem.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 10:25 AM

Jazzi when younger I used to live in a Maisonette. We had a dustbin
place with a enclosed compartment for them like you mention.
We all had a key for the door to the place so only tenants could get
in and out and someone would leave it unlocked when they knew
the dustbin men were coming. If all the tenants agree to this it
could be the better way of dealing with the intruders spoiling your
dustbin area.
I would have thought the Police should be moving these people
on from the street, it is their job, I think.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 01:06 PM

Lindyloo, sorry I misinterpreted your post. When you mentioned Shelter I could only assume you meant for these people.

I have heard from one of the Cllrs and he is going to talk to our local Sgt. I met him recently over the allotment: thoroughly nice bloke, as Tim nice but dim would say! Lol.

The neighbour who had the misfortune to be there has also tried to email all parties, and the Cllr has responded. She's not having any luck with the other people but it may be that she took down wrong email addys over the phone. I had to keep repeating myself. She has also written an A3 size note of the incident and posted it through every block.

In the meantime, I want some sleep then to get ready for tomorrow. Cobbles here I come...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

09-09-2014, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Jazzi when younger I used to live in a Maisonette. We had a dustbin
place with a enclosed compartment for them like you mention.
We all had a key for the door to the place so only tenants could get
in and out and someone would leave it unlocked when they knew
the dustbin men were coming. If all the tenants agree to this it
could be the better way of dealing with the intruders spoiling your
dustbin area.
I would have thought the Police should be moving these people
on from the street, it is their job, I think.
A year or so ago, one padlock was fitted to the inner gate. There are also double gates on the pavement side, behind some bushes, but (A) they only gave a key to their own residents (the HA which is ultimately responsible, and (B)...anyone could still get in through the double gates!

The padlock disappeared, never to be seen again.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top