Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 06:27 PM

Re: new car

they really are built like a tank and like a tardis inside, my mum always preferred a ride in mine as she said it was very roomy with great headroom, she had a wheelchair which fitted easily in the back along with several bags of her shopping!
The bonus is, I don't need to make excuses not to give anyone a lift as I always have the rear seats down then the boot doubles as a ballroom!

Wanna dance?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 07:22 PM

I've had 4x4s for donkey's years as well including two xtrails. The first one was a mk1 2.5 petrol and was an absolute delight, but the second was a mk2 diesel with an engine that was a real bag of nails. I've not looked at the new generation diesels but I hope they've improved the motor somewhat....
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 07:51 PM

Diesel cars never really were that popular here. They are impossible to start in bitter cold and must be either kept running, or with a warmer. We do have them... few buy them.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 09:06 PM

I picked up my son's brand new car today after work. He couldn't get time off to pick it up today. I was a nervous wreck!! Brand spanking new, gleaming, outside and inside. All I could think of when driving back was what if something happened!! It's sitting outside my place at the moment, waiting for him to collect it after his backshift. I'll be glad when he comes to get it because I'm terrified something will happen to it. Silly, I know.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top