Join for free
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2009, 01:16 PM

Dog Insurance...

After the huge vet bill I had lately, thinking of insuring Tara, she is just 5....Would she be accepted at her age???Gyp is 9.5, so cannot see her being accepted...
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2009, 01:20 PM

Re: Dog Insurance...

I'm not certain but I think most companies accept new 'customers' up to age age
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2009, 01:25 PM

Thanks DM will look into it once I am home she is fit and healthy, never had a days illness up till now...
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2009, 01:58 PM

... just like Dinah. I've paid out for her since I had her. Pet Plan for the first 2 years, just to be quite sure she didn't have any lifetime condition (I think PP are the only company who will continue paying out for the same condition indefinately) then with Axa. Haven't claimed a penny, as she has fortunately remained fit but it's nice to know the insurance is there ... just in case
Moli
Aberdeenshire

15-08-2009, 02:04 PM

I have found onces they react a certain age, things start happening, my first 2 staffies were 15 & 12 when I had them put to sleep, 3months apart, one was covered in lumps, the other Mytosis.. it all happened within months too...Prior to that they were perfectly healthy........I do know some insurance companies will not insure past a certain age though..
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2009, 03:36 PM

It seems to go up quite a bit when they hit around 5 Moli. And if you've claimed before that can affect it too.

Why not get a few quotes and see what they come back with? Just make sure you declare everything as otherwise it could null any claims you make in future.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2009, 03:41 PM

Some companies take them at any age, but it`s reflected in the premium. It is worth shopping around as there are big differences. With a youngish dog you need to lok at `lifetime cover` which is more expensive but carries on through their life.
My younger dogs are both insured (Tesco) but my oldies aren`t as they go to the PDSA.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top