Join for free
Page 2 of 79 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 11:16 AM

Re: Junior Doctors strike.....

All the ones who leave if the contract is imposed can just move to Scotland or Wales where it won't be .

When my husband who worked for a bank, had to work shifts he got a 60% shift allowance .
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
All the ones who leave if the contract is imposed can just move to Scotland or Wales where it won't be .
If they were that discontented they would have already gone, they are not staying in the hope of getting another few quid a week are they ?
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 11:21 AM

No but they will be discontented not to be able to provide a good service for the patients .
Have not seen anywhere that the government is proposing to recruit a lot more Doctors which you would have to for the 7 day system to work .
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
No but they will be discontented not to be able to provide a good service for the patients .
That is always the case when workers have been out on strike and one which employers never take into account when allowing situations like this to occur.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
....What the papers say

I say...The deal they have been offered is a fair one and they should accept it in the interests of the NHS, the patients and their colleagues
Hear Hear Malcolm! I too believe they have been offered a fair deal and should accept it. I truly believe the BMA have a lot to answer for in this conflict, as well as New Labour with their incredibly stupid deal they struck with Doctors.

It has come to something when people are terribly afraid to be taken ill and have to be admitted to hospital on a Saturday or Sunday, knowing their chances are less !!

Only yesterday I was reading in the paper about a lady that could have been saved if the CT Scanner department had been open on the saturday, but the junior doctor was too nervous to phone the Consultant to come in and instead sent the lady home with Paracetemol and told to come back Monday.
She died that evening !

I believe now that these Junior Doctors are so up their own A...s with their own inflated importance that anything that the rest of the country do without extra pay is just not in their vocabulary. People are less inclined now to believe them when they say they are striking for the sake of patient's health. Rubbish, they are in it now for the money.
End of !!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 12:07 PM

I don't know all the details of the proposed agreement with the doctors, but I understand if the extra payment for working weekend is removed the standard pay will be raised and as the pension and any final benefits are based on the basic salary and not the extra payment this will prove advantageous to the doctors in the long run.

I may have got this wrong, as I say I don't know all the details. If I am talking rubbish no doubt someone will tell me
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 12:24 PM

Has there ever been a ballot to see how many are in favour of strikes? Why not have a vote to see how many accept the offer?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 12:33 PM

Junior Doctors will soon lose any sympathy from the public if this continues.
The first strike caused 4000 operations to be cancelled. A number that may well have caused a few of the strikers to grin thinking it was a useful weapon for bargaining the next time, but to those who were awaiting those operations it meant further pain and suffering.
Some of these cancelled operations were scheduled for the day of this last strike but again, 3000 operations had to be cancelled, and this time will not be rescheduled anytime soon.

So when I hear these already well overpaid junior Doctors say they are taking this action to protect their patients, I want to spit feathers with anger.

It's about time someone informed them that since their cosy deal with New Labour, they have been living on another planet. Hundreds of thousands of people work weekends without any extra payment. No-one is asking them to do this so they should come into the real world and stop thinking they are above doing what they know they should be doing in their chosen profession - looking after their patients seven days a week, not a cosy five day week.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 12:36 PM

The truth is the BMA are using the gullible young doctors as means of preventing the much needed changes the government are bringing about in the NHS. Their arguments are a mass of contradictions.

The Placards carry the message save our NHS and the usual emotive tripe, yet the NHS isn't threatened by changing their hours and pay structure. As others have said the offer seems fair, Its all about money as is now becoming apparent.

The agreement is a darn site better than any other public employee, like the police or fire service can expect.

As for going abroad to work, they will have to find someone to offer them a job first. It costs the taxpayer around £600,000 to train a doctor it costs the doctor around £70;000. You may think that they would feel that they were obliged to give something back first.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Junior Doctors will soon lose any sympathy from the public if this continues.
The first strike caused 4000 operations to be cancelled. A number that may well have caused a few of the strikers to grin thinking it was a useful weapon for bargaining the next time, but to those who were awaiting those operations it meant further pain and suffering.
Some of these cancelled operations were scheduled for the day of this last strike but again, 3000 operations had to be cancelled, and this time will not be rescheduled anytime soon.

So when I hear these already well overpaid junior Doctors say they are taking this action to protect their patients, I want to spit feathers with anger.

It's about time someone informed them that since their cosy deal with New Labour, they have been living on another planet. Hundreds of thousands of people work weekends without any extra payment. No-one is asking them to do this so get in the real world and stop thinking you are above doing what you know you should be doing in your chosen profession - looking after your patients seven days a week, not a cosy five day week.
Well said .

Page 2 of 79 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top