Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 01:59 PM

Not falling asleep.

When Mrs LD has a nap on the sofa, she always starts with these words.... 'I'm not going to sleep'. Then she falls asleep.

It always makes me laugh but I know that I do it sometimes if I am watching something really boring on TV such as wanted down under I shut my eyes and start to drift off then Mrs LD will say something and I answer with a slight delay. 'Were you asleep?' she asks .....

........'NO!'.

It seems that when we were kids we pretended to be asleep but as grown ups, we pretend to be awake.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 02:10 PM

Re: Not falling asleep.

Just being alive these days is a bonus for me never mind awake.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 02:11 PM

I have never fallen asleep watching TV.
How does this happen???
Do I have all this to look forward to?
Try changing channels????
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Just being alive these days is a bonus for me never mind awake.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 02:21 PM

A key factor in regulating sleep and your biological clocks is exposure to light or to darkness so falling asleep with lights on may not be the best thing for a good night's sleep . ... Before bedtime, limit television viewing and computer use, especially in the bedroom, as they hinder quality sleep.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 02:22 PM

I have never fallen asleep,while watching tv,..but lately I have to go to bed for a lay down,..I remember my mum falling asleep in an armchair,..I couldn't understand why she did it,..I understand now!..
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
How does this happen???
Change channels????? Too late - - I would have already fallen asleep!!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It always makes me laugh but I know that I do it sometimes if I am watching something really boring on TV such as wanted down under I shut my eyes and start to drift off then Mrs LD will say something and I answer with a slight delay. 'Were you asleep?' she asks .....

........'NO!'.
:

You have to be a bit quicker with your answer Longd....you say " I can concentrate on the programme better with my eyes shut dear". That should confuse Mrs Longd long enough for you to finish your nap whilst she is thinking about it .
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
How does this happen???
Change the channel??? Too late - - -I've already fallen asleep by then!!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 02:42 PM

My wife is always falling asleep watching TV, but only at night normally.
I don't recall ever falling asleep watching TV, or even sitting on the sofa. If I'm really tired I go to bed and depending how shattered I am, it's a full scale under the duvet for a couple of hours or sometimes just a lie down on the top of the bed for a few minutes.

With me working night shifts Sun-Thurs, it's on a Friday night that I'm most tired. My body clock tells me that it's 6.30pm, which is my normal time for a 'top-up sleep' before work and I suddenly get tired out. I hate to waste my weekend nights, so I try to keep awake. It's very strange because I am then absolutely knackered for two hours until 8.30pm (which is my normal getting up time) but then suddenly I'm wide awake again!
I then watch a DVD, have a few bottles of real ale and stay awake as late as possible, usually around 11pm.
Are you still following this?
But then after a couple of hours I'm wide awake again and I'm downstairs watching TV for another couple of hours at 1am. Then it's back to bed about 3.30 shattered once more, up again at 5am wide awake for a cuppa and some toast and I then want to sleep again until the middle of Saturday morning.
It all drives me nuts and I go through the whole process again on Saturday night! It doesn't make any difference if I've had a few beers in the afternoon either, I'm still stuck in this 'night shift' mode and haven't been able to get out of it 13 years on.
On Sunday I then have to try to get some'advance sleep' for work beginning once more on the night. Of course, I can't sleep then as my body is getting used to being awake in 'day mode', so Sunday night at work is always a killer!
Hell, I can't wait to get back to a day job, this can't be doing me any good!

So count yourself lucky you folks who fall asleep in front of the telly for a few minutes, try working nights.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top