Join for free
Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 02:33 AM

Re: The Dover Proposal.

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Swimfeeders is an Establishment lackey who used to work for the State but left on bad terms.

He likes to embellish the importance of jobsworth civil servants like he used to be and try to convince us we couldnt manage without more interfering from those of his ilk.

Truth is that we need LESS interfering from politicians , jobsworth civil servants and self serving Gravy Train riding Europhiles.
Hi

Not a bad assessment

Yes, I was a man in a suit.

Yes, I was part of the Establishment.

Yes, I did leave on Bad Terms.

Yes, I do have personal issues with Mrs May.

My area of expertise is Public Safety , protecting us from those who wish to harm us.

There is a cross over on this with International Trade and Border Controls.

It is my genuine belief that we need more Border Control and Inspections to protect us, not less.

Waving things through when we have hundreds of ISIS Fighters desperate to return and illegal weapons coming into the UK is not, in my view, sensible or acceptable.

We differ on this, such is life.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
They could even do it on their laptops whilst driving!
It’s the only retort for someone who really doesn’t know what he’s talking about most of the time
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Well that’s it then and for crying out loud why oh why didn’t you mention this earlier ? The whole of the country has been divided , the majority voted to leave obviously not realising the implications and there is little old you an expert only just removing your head from your backside today to inform me I’m wrong ...
Well what shall we do now we realise you are the saviour ? Shall we cancel brexit ? Do you have Theresa on speedial ? Or shall we simply carry on and label you as a fool unable to see beyond tomorrow and so selfish your only concern is your short term loss ?
Let’s have a referendum on your thoughts ... oh we’ve already done that !
Nobody understood the full implications of leaving Europe not lead our own government and Parliament.

Triggering Article 50 before at least understanding the sectorial
Implications and analysis of all possible senators is an act of gross neglect unless you are an advocate of disaster capitalism.

I’m no expert but I’m also not stupid enough to dismiss any potential downside or obstacles to Brexit as Project Fear and on the subject of fast tracking freight through Dover with only the most basic of checks is an act of desperation as are Zero tariffs which Liam Fox is considering. Under WTO we have to offer the same T’s & C’s to all and that could severely damage our domestic industries.

There are many pro Brexit members who post measured considered arguments and opinion, you alas are not one of them
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Nobody understood the full implications of leaving Europe not lead our own government and Parliament.

Triggering Article 50 before at least understanding the sectorial
Implications and analysis of all possible senators is an act of gross neglect unless you are an advocate of disaster capitalism.

I’m no expert but I’m also not stupid enough to dismiss any potential downside or obstacles to Brexit as Project Fear and on the subject of fast tracking freight through Dover with only the most basic of checks is an act of desperation as are Zero tariffs which Liam Fox is considering. Under WTO we have to offer the same T’s & C’s to all and that could severely damage our domestic industries.

There are many pro Brexit members who post measured considered arguments and opinion, you alas are not one of them
Hi

We are on opposite sides of the Fence.

I am a Leaver, not a Remainer.

You are spot on with your assessments about how prepared we are for leaving.

I respect you for that.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 08:16 AM

All short term project fear and I’m yet to see any reason why these arguments mostly based on economics of ‘what may happen’ are more important than the opportunity to leave FOREVER ..
Who is to say the EU had we stayed would be the land of milk and honey ? Who is to say what our future holds outside the EU with any definite ?
Who is too say you are right ?
Yes the EEC was a good idea and it worked well with a few European nations allmore or less on the same page /standard of living but post 1989 and it’s growth to 28 , the never ending push towards it becoming one country , the crazy ideas of giving turkey the right to roam ... the morph into the EU was a step to far and to suggest I am wrong when right across Europe calls for leaving the asylum are growing daily I think you are shouting from a decreasing land base ..
Trade will resume after brexit and project fear is no more as that’s what business does best .... and they need us as much as we need them.
As said many times the EU is seeing itself under a spotlight and people asking questions they don’t like , tusk junker etc are now household names and not standing up to scrutiny are scrabbling around trying to show what will happen to escapees much like certain groups in authority did back in 1939 across Europe.
However brexit was sold to us by both the EU and indeed the UK as A ONCE AND ONCE ONLY OPPORTUNITY ... it will NEVER be offered again and just like most things in life worth having there will be costs , hardships , challenges ahead but is that a reason to not go there ?

I’m yet to see a remainers answer to why in order to buy a BMW I must open my door to 500,000,000 Europeans ... yet to see a remainers argument as to why I need a law and court above my own countries , yet to see a remainers argument as to why even my own prime minster can be over ruled by unaccountable foreign unelected beaurocrats that are now calling to have their own military !!!!
No , apart from Europe no other country runs a system like this , I don’t believe Australia would have open borders with any other country or Canada to have such a deal with USA etc so explain to me why we as a country that in many ways shaped the modern world need now be beholden to 27 others?

We must grab this opportunity , we made our decision and when the best argument the idiots such as yourself can say is we don’t understand things I put it to you sir that you have no argument and would be scared to go into a dark room for fear of ghosts and dragons that YOU and your fears would prevent you doing anything

Man up !
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are on opposite sides of the Fence.

I am a Leaver, not a Remainer.

You are spot on with your assessments about how prepared we are for leaving.

I respect you for that.
We are unprepared simply because remainers wasted two years but that is no reason to cancel
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

06-02-2019, 08:43 AM

Let’s see the Calais viewpoint

Calais port chief says he does not want to see Chris Grayling again
https://mol.im/a/6671317

Jean-Marc Puissesseau accused the Cabinet minister of behaving in a 'completely disrespectful' manner by planning to divert sea traffic from the port.
The Government has awarded contracts worth more than £100 million to provide additional cross-Channel capacity in the case of a no-deal Brexit.
Mr Grayling has already come under fire for the awarding of one of the contracts, designed to ease the pressure on Dover if a no-deal Brexit causes delays, to a company with no ships which hopes to open a new route from Ramsgate to Ostend.

As we all know ... in reality taking the EU out of the argument
THEY NEED BUSINESS AS MUCH AS WE NEED BUSINESS .. so stop the project fear , man up , accept democracy and get on the same page !!

One minute France is saying there will be huge queues so we make other plans and now Calais are complaining because we did so !!!!
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

06-02-2019, 10:33 AM

Just been listening to the Irish PM on the radio this morning and talk about thick , after threatening everything from banning aircraft overflying Ireland ( something he couldn’t do anyway ) then being told Irish aircraft overfly the uk !!!
To talking up demanding the backstop hard border , he now realises that no deal by default gives him a hard border in a few weeks time and as pointed out to him for the past two years IRELAND MAY GO BUST DUE TO THE HARD LINE EU has taken ... Ireland will feel brexit and all the restrictions HE WANTED placed on us far more than the uk will and is asking the EU to soften its stance !!!!!

You couldn’t make it up if you tried
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Just been listening to the Irish PM on the radio this morning and talk about thick , after threatening everything from banning aircraft overflying Ireland ( something he couldn’t do anyway ) then being told Irish aircraft overfly the uk !!!
To talking up demanding the backstop hard border , he now realises that no deal by default gives him a hard border in a few weeks time and as pointed out to him for the past two years IRELAND MAY GO BUST DUE TO THE HARD LINE EU has taken ... Ireland will feel brexit and all the restrictions HE WANTED placed on us far more than the uk will and is asking the EU to soften its stance !!!!!

You couldn’t make it up if you tried
I know...

He has just realised as well that if he has a hard border in Ireland then the UK (well, Northern Ireland) will control everything going into and out of the republic.

... slow hand claps all around
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

06-02-2019, 10:49 AM

And another delay looming

Brexit 'to be delayed until May 24 even if May's deal passes Commons'
https://mol.im/a/6672195

EXCLUSIVE: Britain's date to leave EU could be delayed from March 29 to May 24
The proposed eight-week delay was discussed by cabinet, it emerged last night
New date would allow MPs more time to get necessary bills through Parliament

It goes on to say

A no-deal Brexit would be worse for Ireland than the UK in the long term, say leading economists.
Trade disruption and uncertainty would deliver a major hit to the Irish if we leave the EU without an agreement, they believe.
In the worst case, Ireland’s economy could be almost 6 per cent smaller in 2030 if there is No Deal, compared to if an agreement is reached, according to data publicised by the National Institute for Economic and Social Research.
The hit to Britain would be a little over 4 per cent at worst, while the German economy could be nearly 2 per cent smaller, says the Bank of Belgium study highlighted by Niesr.
The EU economy as a whole could be about 1.5 per cent smaller.
Niesr expects the UK economy to grow by 1.5 per cent this year, assuming a Brexit deal is signed.

Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top