Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 09:56 PM

Spiders

I'm always saying how I'm not scared of spiders but when I got undressed last night into me jimjams I sat down at my computer and I could feel something crawling on my head near my fringe, then all of a sudden these ruddy dangly long legs were stroking my forehead and a screamed like a banshee, John came to investigate and stood in the computer room looking at me, I'd shook my head and I was screaming 'has it gone, has it gone, and he still stood looking at me, I'm saying, well??? he said Bev, it's on your pyjamas, I screamed again, gerrit off arrrggghhh and he flicked me right hard with the towel, the ruddy wimp was too frightened to come near me.

It's not a sad end, the spider didn't die in 'the flick' it landed on the floor and we got it in a glass and put it outside.

We laughed our heads off later together about the incident, it must have been like something out of a comedy sketch but I still can't believe he just stood there looking at me like a wally!

I've come to the conclusion I am scared of spiders after all, well, it was a humungous bugger!

Have you got any spider tales to tell, funny or otherwise.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 10:07 PM

Re: Spiders

"If you wish to live and thrive....let the spider run alive!"

Going out east, on Merchant Ships, back in the day, there could be so many biting insects around that they could eat you up before you fell to the ground. (slight exaggeration).

However, you thought yourself very lucky if there was a fair sized spider in your cabin.

They ate most of them up.

They are still my friends (except those big killer versions even further out east!)

I still write to my old Spider friends, on the Web!

Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 10:07 PM

Mrs,p was in the shower when she shouted “ there’s a spider in the shower, what should I do,”?

“ blindfold it” , I said,

she was not impressed....
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 10:30 PM

Lion Queen...I'm sitting here scratching my head now...I hate spiders...I get a spray with water , either peppermint oil or lavender oil and spray all over the house, skirting boards window sills, bed frames, especially bed frames, I don't want to wake up and find one on my pillow.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
Lion Queen...I'm sitting here scratching my head now...I hate spiders...I get a spray with water , either peppermint oil or lavender oil and spray all over the house, skirting boards window sills, bed frames, especially bed frames, I don't want to wake up and find one on my pillow.

Hah, you saying that reminded me of soemthing that happened to me last autumn.
I was just getting into bed, and picked my pillow up to plump it up a bit and there was a huge black spider on the bottom sheet under my pillow!!

I dropped the pillow back over it while I ran to get my spider catcher hoover thingy, and sucked it up the tube quickly, then put it outside.

It took me ages to get to sleep after that, because I kept thinking about the darn thing lurking under my pillow, it could well have crawled over my face during the night - eek!

Anyone else getting a plague of Daddy Long Legs at the mo?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by primus1 ->
mrs,p was in the shower when she shouted “ there’s a spider in the shower, what should i do,”?

“ blindfold it” , i said,

she was not impressed....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 10:41 PM

I don't like Spiders and Snakes.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I don't like Spiders and Snakes.
I feel a song coming on...

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 11:52 PM

I encourage Huntsman spiders in my house, they don't built webs and they eat the nasties like cockroaches. Unfortunately my visiting pommie SIL wasn't that keen and I had to remove one from her bedroom before she would go in.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 11:54 PM

Yes the annual search for a sexual partner has begun. If only they moved more slowly I might feel less like standing on them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top