Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2020, 05:15 PM

Re: Spiders

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Mrs,p was in the shower when she shouted “ there’s a spider in the shower, what should I do,”?

“ blindfold it” , I said,

she was not impressed....
Brill
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2020, 05:56 PM

Talking to my sister the other day she said her hubby went into the loft for something, and in his torch beam said he saw the biggest spider ever. Trouble is, one person’s big is another one’s any size!

I have seen some which had front legs that went up and then down, that was BIG!!

Just bought my third spider catcher. I have the one with the flap (Lakeland), the bug catcher, and now this one has the bristles that you catch them in.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2020, 06:10 PM

Back in the 80's on a cold winter night I went to draw the bedroom curtains and found a spider on the windowsill. I couldn't kill it & it was so cold that my husband said it would die if I put it out... so I just hoped he would stay on the window side of the curtains.
The following morning he was still on the windowsill, so I decided to let him stay there and hubby said he could be there till it got a bit warmer ( I wondered if he was teasing me). I made up my mind that if the spider became a pet I wouldn't be so afraid of him.... so I called him Cecil.
Every morning I would say Good morning Cecil & good night before I went to bed and over time I became quite fond of him & even let him walk over my hand. Eventually he left us But I am always glad we had him because he really helped me get over my fear of spiders.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2020, 06:13 PM

Hair lacquer works well in the case of spiders, cockroaches, etc. It sticks them in place while you get a fly swat or one of the electric swats that electrocute the sods in situ. Then just brush up the cremated remains.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2020, 06:18 PM

Ok , so I've been out masked up and into town and bought peppermint essential oil. I dobbed blobs in the corners of conservatory and a few others . House smells lovely so hoping spiders stay well away .

I'm sure spiders have got bigger over the years I never remember monsters when I was a kid
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2020, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Hair lacquer works well in the case of spiders, cockroaches, etc. It sticks them in place while you get a fly swat or one of the electric swats that electrocute the sods in situ. Then just brush up the cremated remains.
You are so bad you, I'm gonna electrocute you and brush up your cremated remains then i think I'll throw them in the sea and you'll drown, there, ive killed you twice over so there
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2020, 07:04 PM

I remember those tiny tiny spiders , we called lucky spiders that i let walk across my hand, but they're not around anymore....unless they've got bigger, and so every other spider has got bigger, maybe global warming to blame...
well Susan, I filled a spray bottle with some water and plenty of peppermint oil and went all round the house with it,,,smells like Blackpool rock...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2020, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by twink55 ->
back in the 80's on a cold winter night i went to draw the bedroom curtains and found a spider on the windowsill. I couldn't kill it & it was so cold that my husband said it would die if i put it out... So i just hoped he would stay on the window side of the curtains.
The following morning he was still on the windowsill, so i decided to let him stay there and hubby said he could be there till it got a bit warmer ( i wondered if he was teasing me). I made up my mind that if the spider became a pet i wouldn't be so afraid of him.... So i called him cecil.
Every morning i would say good morning cecil & good night before i went to bed and over time i became quite fond of him & even let him walk over my hand. Eventually he left us but i am always glad we had him because he really helped me get over my fear of spiders.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2020, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
You are so bad you, I'm gonna electrocute you and brush up your cremated remains then i think I'll throw them in the sea and you'll drown, there, ive killed you twice over so there

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2020, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Mmmm naice! You know what turns a fella on!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top