Join for free
Dee
Hamilton, Canada
Dee is female  Dee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 01:47 PM

Growing Old....A Privilege

Growing Old….A Privilege

I have been sitting here pondering what to do this new day given to me…and such a sunny day! as i age, i am thankful for each new decade i get to experience. Used to dread the thought, as most of us do, of getting older, but after many health experiences past 5 years, im thankful to be able to age. As well, each new decade brings new experiences, some good, some bad, but still an experience. For example, at age 63, i find i am slowing down somewhat. Could be just from all my recent surgeries, but even so, slowing down. And, i fine i tire more easily. But, regardless, it is so great to just wake up and enjoy all the good things life brings us. Many folks die way too young, not getting the chance to grow old. Growing old is an experience we are lucky to have, if we get the chance. Now in my sixties, im finding new things to keep me busy. For example, i volunteer an oldies music list, 50′s n 60′s music, to the music director of a local radio station, for a show broadcast friday nights. It is fun, and gives me something i enjoy doing. As well, i volunteer helping out various charities from time to time. This is sometimes exhausting, but so rewarding. Yes, my sixties dont seem so bad afterall, even with those health problems bought on by aging. i am looking forward to my 70′s, and the new experiences they will bring. Life is so precious, i am thankful and grateful God has given me the chance to age,i have enjoyed going through the decades of my life so far, and if i get the chance , looking forward to the next decade. Hubby is now retired, we are enjoying just going off, sitting on a bench in the park, and relaxing. Enjoying all the sounds of nature, and having this time with each other. I do worry of getting dementia, or even having a stroke down the road, but still if we are lucky enough to have the chance to grow old, we are so fortunate. What is that saying..” Grow old with me, the best is yet to be “…..hope to be able to experience the next decade, and all that the “growing older change” offers, be it good or bad. So wonderful to wake up , especially on a sunny day! makes all those problems of aging seem minimal, and for some strange reason, a sunny day seems to erase all those problems of aging! Get out and enjoy life, and each new decade, for there are new experiences just awaiting to be found.
Dee
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 02:06 PM

Re: Growing Old....A Privilege

Very well said Dee, that has always been my outlook on age, we are lucky and it is indeed a privilege.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 02:10 PM

Very good post ! I have always considered the alternative to aging and thought getting older is better than that !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 02:21 PM

What a lovely post, Dee I'm glad you are enjoying life now after your surgeries. We have a lot to be thankful for in life so why waste it, let's all enjoy the time we have left...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 03:05 PM

Dee darlin' - be like me - grow old (dis)gracefully!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top