Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 02:43 PM

Re: £10 Assisted Passage

I can believe it Joe - beautiful country ....
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 03:19 PM

My wife and I considered going when we were first married but the thought of missing our parents prevented us so we put it off for "a couple of years" Then along came our first son..followed by another..followed by another! How does that saying go? Life is what happens while we're making plans. With hindsight I'm glad things worked out the way they did but I cant help wondering where I would be now had things gone according to our early plans.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 03:24 PM

That's a fascinating thought EZ - your life would have been completely different ......
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 03:32 PM

Hi Patsy. The irony is we now have two granddaughters and two great grandsons living on South Island NZ! Still, you cant really beat living in the beautiful Kentish countryside.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 03:44 PM

Oh thought you were going to say all foreigners had to leave the UK, what a good idea. I think if everyone in the country didn't vote in the general election it would be a blessing. That would tell all these MPs what we thought about them. Bye the way I would be dumped in the sea as I am an Anglo Irish person. Landless.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-02-2014, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Hi Patsy. The irony is we now have two granddaughters and two great grandsons living on South Island NZ! Still, you cant really beat living in the beautiful Kentish countryside.
That is ironic. I sometimes wonder, but like you, have a feeling we made the right choice in the end ......
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 05:03 PM

We never considered going. We went to Australia last year to visit close relatives. It's a beautiful place and I could quite happily live there. A bit too long in the tooth now though.
spiritlight
Durham England
spiritlight is female  spiritlight has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 05:14 PM

My parents very nearly went to Adelaide Australia round about 1967 I even remember going for an injection but my mother decided not to go so we ent home again. She said she didnt want to leave her friends behind with it being so far away and didnt like the idea of living in the accomadation with apparatly very thin walls between families . I always wondered what all our lives would of been if my mother had been more adventurous and brave about it all. I know my father wanted to go but guess he respected my mothers feelings . It was a big step to take i guess.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

10-02-2014, 05:17 PM

Wherever I've been on holiday over the years, and I've been to so many beautiful countries, its always nice to get home to everything that's familiar..except possibly the English weather!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-02-2014, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
We never considered going. We went to Australia last year to visit close relatives. It's a beautiful place and I could quite happily live there. A bit too long in the tooth now though.
You've not grown fangs - have ya !

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top