Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 03:39 PM

Re: I paid !

What a bloody cheek, to ask you to do it 'recorded' !!
The money must be in their account, how could it show on your statement otherwise?
I should put another letter in too, they need to be told how bad they are in their business dealings.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 04:26 PM

Personally I would invite them to prove they didn't get the money and take it further if they want, oddly most companies shut up pretty quick if you tell them to prove it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Personally I would invite them to prove they didn't get the money and take it further if they want, oddly most companies shut up pretty quick if you tell them to prove it.
The thing that's bothering me, is it dragging on. Concerned about my credit rating, which up to now is good. The more it drags on - it wont be !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 04:55 PM

Catalogues, do they still exist?, I had a certain fascination for them as an adolescent lad , and, could never work out why they payment choices were between 20 or 38 weeks.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 05:07 PM

I had an issue with Littlewoods lately that p****** me off a fair bit.

I have run my catalogue for years without any problem with any payment ever, that is until very recently. I had set up a direct debit which had never finished as I just kept ordering more stuff, but late last year I finished paying for everything so the direct debit did end. Unknownst to me that meant I had to pay for my stuff by other means. Apparently I ordered more stuff - trainers - and hadn't paid the minimum amount for the month. I eventually received a rather nasty letter from a debt collection agency. I paid the amount owing -with something like a £20 charge - to settle things, trouble was they took more money out of my account and I ended up in credit to the tune of £32 - I had overpaid £32!

I kinda put up with the hassle as I hadn't updated my phone number so they reckon they couldn't get in touch with me, but I can't remember any letter from them which they said they sent.

I had the distinct impression there was a bit of a breakdown in communication from the debt lot and Littlewoods catalogue which was disconcerting to say the least.

I did get my £20 charge back though once I had explained to them what had happened when querying the £32 overcharge.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2014, 01:50 PM

Sent the recorded delivery today only to get a call later to say they had in fact got the original letter and statement ! Another waste of time and money, they then tell me they are still looking into it and will get back to me. An hour later a call to say they had 'found' my payment, all very matter of fact and telling me, well these things happen .....

Its left me feeling very flat, it was stressful for me but of course not for them ....
I've now had to get onto the bank, (I informed them yesterday) and cancel any investigation by them .....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2014, 02:03 PM

Had a problem with returning goods, they were going to take me to court, eventually got it sorted when I told them to go ahead as I had proof that the goods had been returned.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2014, 03:08 PM

I'm very pleased to hear it is sorted Pat and that you are not out of pocket too much.
I do think you deserve an apology from them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top