Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2014, 09:34 PM

Stage fright

It seemed a reasonable request . The nurse said “Pee into this measuring jug Robert “
Bear in mind that I was being treated for a bladder having developed a mind of it’s own.
I have sympathy for the old people I knew it my youth who upon arriving anywhere ,made sure they knew where the loo was.
“I can’t go”
“Try drinking some more water”. She was most helpful & patient , but after 20 minutes of straining to empty my bladder, no golden liquid was to be seen forthcoming.
I ran the tap , usually a certainty, but not today
“Come back in a couple of hours”
A couple of hours later I hadn’t released a single fluid ounce of my by now of my now full bladder
The nurse retained her good humour and announced
“Stage Fright, that’s what you have. .. stage fright , I’ll make a new appointment.
“By the way, if you haven’t wee’d within 2 hours , go straight to A & E”
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2014, 10:23 PM

Re: Stage fright

When I was having my fluoroscopy recently, asked to pee past the catheter, I struggled when I had to turn sideways and wondered why the lovely young man turned the taps on at the sink in the room! I laughed when I realised, but he actually had to adjust the catheter tube before I could continue. Once I was peeing for England I said ok, you can turn the taps off now!!

Eeeee, you have to laugh to get over any embarrassment!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2014, 11:28 PM

Sorry RJ, I'm no medic, but surely, drinking more water would have compounded the situation, and made a trip to A&E a certainty.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2014, 11:33 PM

What bugs me about this sort of thing is, whenever us ladies need to give a sample, we are mostly given a stupid, narrow receptacle, no wider than a test tube, and expected to aim !!! Hasn't any bright spark designed a fool-proof receptacle for women in this day and age?
There is a much better "catching" container for bitches for veterinary use than there is given to us!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2014, 11:44 PM

Yes, it is called a funnel.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2014, 11:54 PM

Actually SF, that is one of your better ideas.
Though I don't know many women who carry a sterilised funnel about in their handbags?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

20-02-2014, 11:57 PM

What is wrong with my other ideas, are they over complex?.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

20-02-2014, 11:58 PM

Or just stupid.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

20-02-2014, 11:59 PM

Yes dear - frequently.

(That was posted to your question about being complex, not stupid I hasten to add).
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2014, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What bugs me about this sort of thing is, whenever us ladies need to give a sample, we are mostly given a stupid, narrow receptacle, no wider than a test tube, and expected to aim !!! Hasn't any bright spark designed a fool-proof receptacle for women in this day and age?
Such devices have been around for a long while - this is claimed to be the original (a Shewee).

There's a lot of it about.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top