Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2014, 04:56 PM

Rant alert!

Racing around town like a mad thing, short on time and tolerance, went into WHSmith's. Needed to be on the first floor, access was via a narrow steep staircase. Half way up I encounter a young mum with a toddler. She was allowing the boy to climb up the stairs - and stop on every one for approbation of his achievement! Staircase too narrow to pass them, also could not go back down as there was quite a queue behind me. While I appreciate that children have to learn to deal with stairs surely this should be done at home, or grandmas, or a friends house - a busy shop in the rush hour is not an appropriate schoolroom !!

On the bus coming home - young mum with a baby buggy the size of a small tank. The buggy took up the whole of the buggy zone thus rendering the three pull down seats useless. Young mum sits on the next double seat with her offspring beside her. That is five seats taken up by two people. Although there were a lot of people standing she made no attempt to take the child on her knee and free up a seat. Why take the child out of the buggy in the first place?

Grrr rr rr !!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2014, 05:19 PM

Re: Rant alert!

The second experience would have made me very angry, inconsiderate woman, people with small children expect to be treated courteously you'd think they would return the favour. The steps thing, I understand a bit more, I think I'm guilty of this not at really busy times though.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2014, 06:00 PM

Oooo I know how you feel ST - been one of them weeks for me .....
Chill out now gal x
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2014, 06:09 PM

Bit early to be hitting the bottle, Patsy My week's not been great, think I may join you!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2014, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Bit early to be hitting the bottle, Patsy My week's not been great, think I may join you!
That's the 'spirit' - theres chocolate too
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2014, 06:18 PM

As a child my mother always made me stand if an adult needed my seat. I still stand up for ladies to this day (but I'm very rarely on a bus.)
cranberry
Notts, UK

21-02-2014, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
That's the 'spirit' - theres chocolate too
Well you've talked me into it now. If there's chocolate to be had I'm never far away!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

21-02-2014, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Well you've talked me into it now. If there's chocolate to be had I'm never far away!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2014, 06:47 PM

And the moral of the story is....
..stay at home during half term to avoid an overdose of mothers and children
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2014, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
And the moral of the story is....
..stay at home during half term to avoid an overdose of mothers and children
Normally I would - but I had to do things in town today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top