Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
GDAD
Sydney Australia
GDAD is male  GDAD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 04:23 AM

Re: Electricity Providers

My last quarterly Electric bill here in Australia was $600 or 354 Pounds Stirling. It is always between $450> $600 dollars all depends what time of
the year(season) it is.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 09:49 AM

Do people still have quarterly bills? I have paid by monthly DD for years .I can't quote a monthly figure, it wouldn't be accurate because it varies from £35 in the summer to £120 in the winter. I only have one source of energy here, electricity.
I am with OVO energy and satisfied with the service.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Do people still have quarterly bills? I have paid by monthly DD for years .I can't quote a monthly figure, it wouldn't be accurate because it varies from £35 in the summer to £120 in the winter. I only have one source of energy here, electricity.
I am with OVO energy and satisfied with the service.

Yes Meg darlin' I have quarterly bills for both Gas and Electricity. Its far more convenient and I never ever pay on an estimated account - will always read my own meters and give them accurate readings for them to send me a bill.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 10:13 AM

Me too usually UJ. I submit it online, it gives me an instant amount and I then pay it online.

I would never ever pay a monthly DD because it gives them carte blanche to take whatEVER they like from your account. There is no way I will let them do that. My mum did but it was always more than she used.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 11:23 AM

I pay all my utility bills monthly by DD and I have no problems with it. I alwys get an explanation of the calculation, and If I disagree with the amount, I call them and we agree a figure.

Anyway, I can't be bothered with having to remember to pay bills etc.. I keep an eye on my bank accounts and everything works OK.

I'm sure I could cut down a bit on fuel use, but I enjoy an element of comfort.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes Meg darlin' I have quarterly bills for both Gas and Electricity. Its far more convenient and I never ever pay on an estimated account - will always read my own meters and give them accurate readings for them to send me a bill.
I never have estimated bills either UJ I submit meter readings once a month. I also get paid 3% on any credit in my account.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I would never ever pay a monthly DD because it gives them carte blanche to take whatEVER they like from your account. There is no way I will let them do that.
They are obliged by law to tell you if they feel that your DD needs to be increased to cover the forthcoming bills, and you can negotiate with them.
Of course if you do nothing after being notified, they will start deducting the new amount from your account.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 04:16 PM

We too pay monthly by direct debit and submit our own meter readings.
When we were told it was going up last year hubby 'phoned and re-negotiated the amount.
After reading the first post, hubby took readings and we went on line to check and submit them. We are in credit for both gas and electric but not too much
We are with Southern Electric.
ratbag
UK
ratbag is female  ratbag has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 04:51 PM

I wish my bills were that low ,I pay £120 per month duel fuel to Scottish Power, they did write recently to say my bills would be going up by quite a bit so I rang to ask why ,I then got another letter to say I was in credit by over £600, have now had another to say my payments are now staying the same as last year???
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Me too usually UJ. I submit it online, it gives me an instant amount and I then pay it online.

I would never ever pay a monthly DD because it gives them carte blanche to take whatEVER they like from your account. There is no way I will let them do that. My mum did but it was always more than she used.
I am the same as you Jan, I wait for my receipt to come then pay by cash over the PO Counter. I don't have anything on DD except my Council Tax.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top