Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 07:07 PM

Re: Electricity Providers

I'm with Eon and pay £65.00 per month, Direct Debit. This is for gas (central heating only) and electricity. Although I pay monthly, they take payment quarterly.

However, I do live in a hobbit-sized two-bedroom semi-detached bungalow, and it is well insulated.

I built up a bit of credit (over £150) and they were keen for me to reduce my DD for two months, but I opted to have a £100 refund and keep the remaining credit as a back-up. I can manage £65.00 per month and don't want to have to fiddle around with it and possibly have it change again.........

Gwyn
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 11:08 PM

Re: Electricity Providers

Originally Posted by Pats ->
They are obliged by law to tell you if they feel that your DD needs to be increased to cover the forthcoming bills, and you can negotiate with them.
Of course if you do nothing after being notified, they will start deducting the new amount from your account.

Talking of this - British Gas decided to increase my gas d/d by £8 per month !! I immediately rang them to say that was ridiculous, especially as I didn't even owe them anything. After a lot of 'umming and 'aahing, they reduced by £5.
I just happened to look at my online account tonight and I see that the buggers have totally disregarded the agreement and put it back to an £8 increase starting on 1st March. I am hopping mad I can tell you.
Me thinks there will will be an early morning phone call to them tomorrow - I will try and keep calm !

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top