Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 09:26 PM

Re: Different prices of tablets

In my experience you are definitely better off avoiding Apple tablets because Android based tablets are much cheaper.

shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 11:52 AM

Thank you for that Bruce will keep it in mind,

Maybe that's where I have been going wrong asking for the wrong tablet.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 11:54 AM

You will generally find that the most expensive tablets are the ones whose Company had to get the licence and do all the work on them. Once the tablet has been recommended as safe etc then the other Companies take the recipe and do their own cheaper.
The Manufacturers will also add money to the price for any advertising they do on that drug, so the bill goes up.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
Thank you for that Bruce will keep it in mind,

Maybe that's where I have been going wrong asking for the wrong tablet.
Apropos of nothing Shirley, I was born in Cheltenham, up Leckhampton way near Daisy Bank and my Great Uncle's name is on the war memorial outside the council offices.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
In my experience you are definitely better off avoiding Apple tablets because Android based tablets are much cheaper.

Just keep taking the tablets Bruce matey!!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Brian 8451 ->
Hi Shirley, you're doctor may have been pointing you to a 'generic' version of you're prescription. These are usually made with exactly the same content as the branded product at a fraction of the cost. I always ask if there is a generic version when buying medicines.
Hope this helps,
Brian.

Yes Shirley, I agree with Brian about this. This certainly applies to things like supermarket Paracetamol as against Panadol from a pharmacy.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2014, 04:31 PM

For antihistamines I suggest a quick look in either Wilko, Asda, or Tesco, all of which sell own brands for under £1 a pkt of 14, if you are unconvinced I suggest you read the 'ingredients' section on the ones you pay £4+ for and the ingredients on the cheaper generic ones and you will find that they are identical. Actually the same goes for paracetamol.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top