Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 12:24 PM

LADIES - - you have a new name

Yes, . . you are now known as Swiffers, . . . . it was on News24 this morning, . . ladies over 50 have become Swiffers like the Swift birds, they follow the sun to foreign countries like the migrating birds for the winter.

There was a Psychoanalyst and two ladies in the studio this morning and I had tears rolling down my face with laughter at some of the comments, one old bird said when she's getting dolled up for a night out her married daughter says . . "you're not going out dressed like that mum" . . . I think it's fantastic, . . good luck to the Swiffers, . . go ahead and enjoy yourselves.

The ladies there this morning have turned into globe trotters, . . they've been all over the planet, . . good for them, . . as my signature says, . . "you only live once, . . so get it right the first time".
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 12:34 PM

Re: LADIES - - you have a new name

You are absolutely right Nero. I have only travelled since I was over fifty. During my marriage I never had a holiday (he didn't believe in them). Then when first on my own I could not afford one, but in recent years it has been my top priority and I travel as much as I can afford (even if it means not going out for the rest of the year). I have been to China, Vietnam, Kenya, Austria, USA (many times), and Malaysia. It's a lovely great big world out there
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dolly ->
You are absolutely right Nero. I have only travelled since I was over fifty. During my marriage I never had a holiday (he didn't believe in them). Then when first on my own I could not afford one, but in recent years it has been my top priority and I travel as much as I can afford (even if it means not going out for the rest of the year). I have been to China, Vietnam, Kenya, Austria, USA (many times), and Malaysia. It's a lovely great big world out there
Good for you Dolly, . . enjoy what's left of your life and sod the rest.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 12:58 PM

I have always loved your signature Denis. So we're swiffers,huh
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 01:06 PM

Woo hoo! I'm a Swiffer ...... love it!

I think I'll pass on the Night Clubs though!
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland
Dalmagirl is female  Dalmagirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 05:49 PM

That's all very well if you can afford it... I've not even been to the pub for five years
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 05:56 PM

I can just see me `clubbing`

Are you looking at my tits??

Well no it was your shoes but these specs are new.

Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just pleased to meet me?

No it`s the block of wood I have on my keys-I have my name and adress on it
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
I can just see me `clubbing`

Are you looking at my tits??

Well no it was your shoes but these specs are new.

Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just pleased to meet me?

No it`s the block of wood I have on my keys-I have my name and adress on it

LOL. I wish I was a swiffer. I've never been further than wales. Would love too though. Never know I may win the lottery and become a fully fledged swiffer, oooooohhhh cant wait
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 06:14 PM

I think it's great - life is for living! Good on them for doing just that
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 06:17 PM

But do take care--at a `certain age` one`s brain gets detached from one`s body

I know-I ruptured my Achilles tendon in India when trying to dance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top