Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2010, 05:42 PM

Re: Ghosts

I'm sort of in between too; don;t really believe in them, but there are some very strange things that are otherwise inexplicable. A friend owed a house that had been owned many years ago by a cigar smoking man; occasionally in the evening there would be a strong smell of cigar smoke. This was years after the man had died.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2010, 06:46 PM

I`m not convinced-but I have two tales.

1-My sister in law(not now but that`s neither here nor there)used to attract a Poltergeist when young. She appeared on a tv prog on BBC2-that was when few could get it so we all went to another house where they had a new tv

2-Around about 1980 I went to see some friends who had moved from Wales up to Leeds and reckoned they had brought their poltergeist with them,but it only appeared in certain rooms.

During the evening something? moved and fell off a chair-----I went to pick it up-------nothing.

Turned out that that chair had been taken from a `haunted` room into their living room as I was visiting.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2010, 10:07 PM

OG, those stories lead to another question: do you think the poltergeist phenomenon is actually unconscious telekinesis?
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2010, 09:45 AM

I believe in spirits, I have had many messages come through which I have passed on over the years, I have also seen many things since I was a very young child.
Yes I also believe in poltergeists.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2010, 11:20 AM

I said earlier that I hadn't experienced anything spooky but one thing has come to mind. Forgotten because it was ages ago. A relative had often claimed the patio door curtains moved on their own (yeah right!).

We were round there for an evening meal and were chatting away afterwards. We had a couple of drinks under out belts admittedly but not an excessive amount. Our backs were to the curtains.

Suddenly, a rattling noise came from behind. I turned around but there was nothing could have made the sound. "There you go ..told you the curtains move" he said. I got up and rattled the curtains myself and sure enough, it was the same sound.

A year or so later, there was a bit of a fall-out between us (all's well now). Mrs. mart and I were in the bedroom and I was somewhat in a dark rant mood/mode. Suddenly, there was a noise and I broke off and said "What was that!?" Both of us looked towards the window. There wasn't much doubt that the curtains had rattled.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2010, 02:14 PM

In the early hours last night at the foot of the stairs with the stair light off I saw an apparition near the top, . . . . . it turned out to be the wife in her nightie.

No, in answer to your question, I do not believe in ghosts.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

30-01-2010, 05:48 PM

I thought I saw the ghost of my Siamese walking thru the hall late one evening; later realized it was dim light and a bit of the smoke from my cigarette
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2010, 06:36 PM

I don`t really believe in ghosts,poltergeists or even telekenesis-but my sister in law did finally `exorcise` her husband!!

He remains my brother and Virginia is still my friend.

No need to invoke supernatural causes-they just grew apart,and if you knew my brother???-he lives on another `plane`-bless
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2010, 07:22 PM

I was out on the bike the other day when I heard a strange noise. It was only a twig that had got stuck in my spooks though
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

30-01-2010, 07:47 PM

It was only a twig that had got stuck in my spooks though

Stupid boy-that bike could be all between us and a Nazi invasion.

Capt Mainwairing

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top