Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2010, 09:18 PM

Re: Ghosts

Many years ago I watched a documentry (1980s) called The Stone Tape it was how some people believed that stone could capture some images and play them back when the atmospherics were duplicated I really believe in this theory...
But I have had a few experiences of some sort of phenomenon
1) as a child of 10 we lived in a large isolated farmhouse and one day I was around the rear of the house picking elderberries and I looked through the door of the loft of the stables which was on the same level as me as the rear of the house had what I called a moat and the ground was level with the bedroom windows and top floor of outbuildings I saw 2 ladies in what i would call crinolines sitting talking but it was like now you see me now you dont they dissapeared that quickly but I can still see them in my minds eye to this day
2) Same house (built in 1659) huge solid wooden doors you would be sitting in the lounge and the door would fly open and the cat would jump up and spit my mom used to say bloody come in Bertha and shut the door... a couple of years ago I was looking up the people who had lived in the house and funnily enough the house was built for a Bertha Corbett spooky or what...
3)Same house it was split into two halves and I had a bedroom on the opposite half to the rest of the family there was a flight of stairs leading to the attic bedrooms which we never used just outside my room behind a door and I often heard footsteps on those stairs and also a child laughing I think the small room next to mine was at sometime a Nursery /childs room as there were bars to the windows ...
4) About 4 years later we moved into another farmhouse and we had one bedroom the dog wouldn't go into she used to crawl on her belly away from it if you tried to get her to go in but she would go anywhere else in the house but never saw or heard anything in this house...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2010, 09:40 PM

Eerie! Thanks for sharing those stories.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2010, 11:43 AM

No I don't believe in ghosts, gods , devils or angels

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top